Was it real?

Royal

Aug 7, 2006
I was in Neiman's today, and I saw this woman with an amazing 35 Togo Birkin in black. But then I got a little nearer, and upon closer inspection, I wondered it was real. While the bag looked sturdy and in pretty good shape, I noticed that some of the color around the piping on the bottom part of the bag had rubbed off pretty noticeably. Is that a common thing for them to lose color like that, or was she carrying a fake? I can never tell a fake, but this one made me wonder.

:confused1:

I have one in togo and it didn't rub off that noticeably. There was some lightening, but it still remained black. Hermes dyes their leathers through and through. The color should permeate through the entire depth of the skin so even though it rubs the color should still be black. What color were the corners?

Hmm it might still have been real. I have a small area on the edge of my ostrich birkin that is a little gray. I suppose that is from not being as careful as I should and bumping into things. So maybe she is the same way.

It might still be a real Birkin. My nanny bumped my Jaune on some rough-textured wall once, and as the result, the leather on the two back corners of my bag were badly rubbed-off and was greyish color. It couldn't be completely repaired to its original state, even after spa. The H craftman just put a new yellow coat to cover the eroded corners, but they're still noticeable upon closer inspection.

[FONT=&quot]Thank you very much!!! This will ship tomorrow via usps priority mail with tracking. Does that sound good?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Or should I hold off if you are planning to bid on my other auctions…the pavement or berry scarf?[/FONT]