Books & Music What book are you reading right now?

Jul 24, 2007
I just finished reading Kitchen Confidential and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I really enjoyed them both.

I have a daily 40 minute commute on the train and an upcoming 4 hour flight to SD. I am in need of new books to read. I'm sick of chic lit. I obviously don't mind reading light books, but something captivating is more important. What are you reading these days or what do you recommend?

I'm a big fan of anything by John Irving (except The Cider Houser Rules - didn't like that one too much). I just picked up The Fourth Hand to read on vacation but I haven't started reading it yet.

I love this book. He recently came out with a second book that got great reviews. Are you planning on reading it?

I am in the middle of The Fountainhead. It's so good and getting better and more scandalous as I read on.

Yes! The Kite Runner is a must, must read! A Thousand Splendid Suns is his second book, and I'm dying to read it, too.

Right now, I'm working on Kafka by the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Really good, kind of surrealist...

I love this book. He recently came out with a second book that got great reviews. Are you planning on reading it?

YES, I am definitely planning on reading his second book... flying out to Bermuda tomorrow, and then moving to Los Angeles on Tuesday (from Boston) so a bit busy these next few days. But once I'm settled (within the week) I will start the next book.

My 'bedtime reading' is The School For Husbands by Wendy Holden.

After that it'll be The Twins of Tribeca by Rachel Pine.

My 'subway reading' is The Simpsons and Philosophy: The D'oh! of Homer edited by William Irwin, Mark T. Conard and Aeon J. Skoble.