Scammed on Ebay- Help!

Jennifer77

Aug 15, 2007
Hi everyone,
I am a new member, but I have been reading these boards for a long time now, and I signed up because I need your help. I had an Ebay account that I used to sell used clothing on ( stuff I was tired of, etc.) and once in a while, I would sell one of my used bags. I ordered a Balenciaga First bag in Mastic from Diabro.net, and after a few weeks, decided that the color wasn't exactly what I wanted. Diabro does not accept returns for "change of mind purchases", so I decided to sell it on Ebay. Well, a buyer with the ID Pallens112 purchased the bag from me and paid via Paypal. He told me it was for his girlfriend and asked me to ship it directly to her. Before I had a chance to ship the bag, Paypal contacted me and told me that he had been using a stolen credit card and put a hold on my account. They then reversed the transaction, so I am out all that money! They don't protect you from fraud at all! So basically, I am stuck. Does anyone know if there are any laws to protect a person from this type of fraud?

PLEASE RE-READ THE RULES OF THE PF. THERE IS NO BUYING OR SELLING. THANK YOU.

Hi everyone,
I am a new member, but I have been reading these boards for a long time now, and I signed up because I need your help. I had an Ebay account that I used to sell used clothing on ( stuff I was tired of, etc.) and once in a while, I would sell one of my used bags. I ordered a Balenciaga First bag in Mastic from Diabro.net, and after a few weeks, decided that the color wasn't exactly what I wanted. Diabro does not accept returns for "change of mind purchases", so I decided to sell it on Ebay. Well, a buyer with the ID Pallens112 purchased the bag from me and paid via Paypal. He told me it was for his girlfriend and asked me to ship it directly to her. Before I had a chance to ship the bag, Paypal contacted me and told me that he had been using a stolen credit card and put a hold on my account. They then reversed the transaction, so I am out all that money! They don't protect you from fraud at all! So basically, I am stuck. Does anyone know if there are any laws to protect a person from this type of fraud? Also, if anyone wants a First bag in Mastic, I still have it for sale. Please contact me and I'll send you pictures. :smile:
Welcome to the forum. I just wanted to let you know that no selling is allowed on the forum. You can be suspended for selling. Good luck with your paypal problem.

Before I had a chance to ship the bag, Paypal contacted me and told me that he had been using a stolen credit card and put a hold on my account. They then reversed the transaction, so I am out all that money!

PLEASE RE-READ THE RULES OF THE PF. THERE IS NO BUYING OR SELLING. THANK YOU.

If they contacted you before you had a chance to ship the bag you're not out anything... Sorry i'm confused?

I am with the other posters, not sure I understand... you say you are "out all that money" but you also said this happened before you got a chance to ship the bag. So, you really aren't out the money as you have the item and PayPal stopped fraud from occuring. Just file the NPB, get your listing fees back and relist.

You seriously lucked out that Paypal notified you before you shipped. You still have the bag. As noshoepolish says, you can file a non-paying bidder dispute, get your fees back, and just re-list. It's a little bit of a nuisance, but at least you didn't lose any money.

Sounds like you're okay:okay:. You have the bag and things will straighten out with Paypal. You lost alittle time, and was maybe inconvenienced... but lucky you, you still have the goods to relist. Good Luck next time!