Gucci Chain Horsebit Hobo

babybeans

Aug 8, 2007
I am IN LOVE with this bag. Anyone know how I can get an authentic one for less than $1270? I have a large Pelham that I'd be willing to trade/sell, but scared about selling it on ebay. I tried to join the marketplaza, but I've only been a member of this forum for 5 minutes (and can't believe I've missed it this entire time!!)! :drool: I thought this forum had Pms, but I don't see any, so email me at [email protected]

The only thing I can think of is Ebay, thats where I was trying to purchase mine from to save some $ but with all the fakes I just gave up. Its a great bag and Im happy I purchased mine from Gucci for peace of mind, as well as having the bag come packaged beautifully. So if you can do that, I dont think you will regret it!!

I would stay away from Ebay. Way to many fakes.

If you stick around here and contribute you can reapply to the MP. I think you have to be a member for 6 months and have 500 posts.... It is worth it. You will be amazed how fast time goes and how many posts you will have. I can't stay away from this place.

Good Luck

Thanks so much for the advice girls! I know, I am soooo addicted to this forum already! (and my dh thought I was crazy when I was with thebabywearer!!) That's why I'm afraid of Ebay - b/c of the fakes. I'm afraid of getting low-balled because people will think mine is fake! I was thinking of consignment shop, but I'm weary of the fact that I have to actually mail my purse to someone and let them keep it until it sells.

The only thing I can think of is Ebay, thats where I was trying to purchase mine from to save some $ but with all the fakes I just gave up. Its a great bag and Im happy I purchased mine from Gucci for peace of mind, as well as having the bag come packaged beautifully. So if you can do that, I dont think you will regret it!!
I know this is totally off the subject but the bag in your avatar is one of my fav's!!! I have that pic saved on my computer so I can jut look at it:yes:
Back to the subject - I do love the chain horsebit hobo - good luck!!

I am in the same tough spot...I love this bag, but do not have the funds to spend so much cash on it...Ebay has become a hotbed for "good" replicas, so I have also given up looking there! Good luck and hopefully, we will both be Chain Hobo owners in the near future!!!

*Update* DH went with me to gucci and had a fit when I showed him the chain I wanted to get. (but...but...but... the salesman told me they aren't getting any more of this style in and they only have 1 dark brown left!!!) ANYWAY, so I'm trying to sell stuff (ie. my other purses) to make some $ to buy a SECOND HAND chain...
Anyway, I listed on craigslist last night and got soooo many calls. Now I'm starting to have seller's remorse! Should I just keep the "pelham"? OR, do you think it's worth giving up to possibly get the "chain"?

Oooh.. Tough call. I have the Small Pelham and I love it. The Chain Hobo is hot as well and I know may people on the board have it. The only issue I have with the chain is that it kinda digs in my shoulder. I had tried on my friend's large chain hobo and although it's gorgeous, it still bothers me. Maybe someone who has both can give their opinion.

I have both, I have a black leather chain and brown leather trimed small pelham. I love both but both are must have in the closet. Pelham is too classy, too beutiful to give up.

tibu ~ so there are variations of the chain hobo each year?

could you guys also help me out on this. i went to a gucci store and looked at the chain hobo but i couldn't remember if they come with the stitching at the bottom/bass of the bag. could you tell me that should be there?

here's a photo:

9963_1.JPG

thanks ~ i appreciate it!

tibu ~ so there are variations of the chain hobo each year?

could you guys also help me out on this. i went to a gucci store and looked at the chain hobo but i couldn't remember if they come with the stitching at the bottom/bass of the bag. could you tell me that should be there?

here's a photo:

9963_1.JPG

thanks ~ i appreciate it!

I own the medium horsebit and it doesn't have the stitching on the bottom.