Involuntary Coach ban support group

Yay for a working garbage disposal and especially dishwasher! We have the same set up where the water goes through the disposal. I don't like garbage disposals because I have seen some crazy happenings with them 😄, but you make a good point for the plus of not needing to be so careful about what goes down the drain.

I wondered how much the dishwasher saved water, and when ours broke and the replacement was back ordered, I was horrified to see the water bill. We used so much more by handwashing. I constantly filled the sink with hot water for dishes to soak, and washed after every meal/snack to keep up. It probably would have been better if I'd done all of them at the end of the day, but that would have been overwhelming.

In my college apartment, my roommate and I decided never to use the dishwasher beyond the first day. We didn't have enough dishes, and it was easy to each wash our own. So when I got married and we didn't have a dishwasher, it wasn't a big deal. Several people asked me how I could live without a dishwasher, but I was used to it by then.

Now we run the dishwasher every day after dinner- it is full. If anyone snacks after dinner, I hand wash the few small things. Alexa, I am with you on glasses, and add those to the dishwasher after it's empty. We do quickly scrape and rinse dishes. To save water, we rinse over a pot that needs water anyway. Maybe we should just scrape them off since we run it every day? And the dishwasher is emptied at night so we can deal with new messes in the morning. Can you tell I don't like dirty dishes sitting around, lol? There was a time I let them pile up all day and found that overwhelming. IM, I have found handwashing dishes satisfying at times. It only bothers me when there are too many and they have been sitting. That is neat you enjoy it. I do prefer having a dishwasher now for as much as we use.
I don't handwash enough stuff to fill up the sink with water. I handwash the pots and pans and a few other things. I take the biggest dirty pot and fill it with soapy water, then wash everything in there. If I only have small things to wash, I just spray them with Dawn Powerwash and rub it around.

Reactions: tealocean
Have you ladies seen this ad on the outlet site? Maybe I should get the banana bag since I love it as much as I love butterflies :lol:.

IMG_9725.jpeg

Also, I did a thing last night. I had to return something at Macys. Also stopped by Coach and Longchamp to do some research on my possible 3rd designer bag purchase this year. Coach still had the black Rogue TH on display with the same scratch in the front that I saw last time. The SA said he can order a new one but I am not confident that it would be a new one in perfect condition vs a returned scuffed up one from JAX. Then I went to LC to try on the bucket bag I thought I would get when it goes on sale this summer. They didn’t have the color I want but I tried on a different color. It looked cute as a crossbody considering the handle stays upright. Super cute as a hand carry or crook of the arm carry. But I wasn’t sure how I feel about the openish top (it only has a metal toggle clasp closure). I would put a scarf inside on top of my stuff as a layer of protection in case someone reaches his/her hand in. It was then I decided that I would get the deep plum bandit at Macys (final clearance, no return!) as my 3rd designer bag. They had 2 left in the store so I bought one. Today, I played with it a bit. I absolutely love the look of it — even though it is not all black like the RTH, I feel it is a very pretty and elegant bag. It’s a bit smaller than I expected due to its structured look. It holds more than a Dinky but a bit less than the Cassie 19 (maybe because the Cass is more malleable). SO I am done buying designer bags this year or forever :lol:. I will probably buy one more bag from the brand Dress Up your purse when a certain color becomes available. And I also reserve the right :lol: to buy a designer bag should I go on a big trip later this year or next.

Have you ladies seen this ad on the outlet site? Maybe I should get the banana bag since I love it as much as I love butterflies :lol:.

View attachment 5990492

Also, I did a thing last night. I had to return something at Macys. Also stopped by Coach and Longchamp to do some research on my possible 3rd designer bag purchase this year. Coach still had the black Rogue TH on display with the same scratch in the front that I saw last time. The SA said he can order a new one but I am not confident that it would be a new one in perfect condition vs a returned scuffed up one from JAX. Then I went to LC to try on the bucket bag I thought I would get when it goes on sale this summer. They didn’t have the color I want but I tried on a different color. It looked cute as a crossbody considering the handle stays upright. Super cute as a hand carry or crook of the arm carry. But I wasn’t sure how I feel about the openish top (it only has a metal toggle clasp closure). I would put a scarf inside on top of my stuff as a layer of protection in case someone reaches his/her hand in. It was then I decided that I would get the deep plum bandit at Macys (final clearance, no return!) as my 3rd designer bag. They had 2 left in the store so I bought one. Today, I played with it a bit. I absolutely love the look of it — even though it is not all black like the RTH, I feel it is a very pretty and elegant bag. It’s a bit smaller than I expected due to its structured look. It holds more than a Dinky but a bit less than the Cassie 19 (maybe because the Cass is more malleable). SO I am done buying designer bags this year or forever :lol:. I will probably buy one more bag from the brand Dress Up your purse when a certain color becomes available. And I also reserve the right :lol: to buy a designer bag should I go on a big trip later this year or next.
Wow, sounds so final! But congratulations on possibly reaching purse peace!

So, you don't like bananas? At least you aren't afraid of them, are you? I can't stand bananas!

Wow, sounds so final! But congratulations on possibly reaching purse peace!

So, you don't like bananas? At least you aren't afraid of them, are you? I can't stand bananas!

Nope, don’t like them, won’t eat them unless my life depends on it or to save humanity. DH and DD know better than to eat them within close (breathing) proximity of me, maybe that’s why we don’t have them at home hardly ever.

Nope, don’t like them, won’t eat them unless my life depends on it or to save humanity. DH and DD know better than to eat them within close (breathing) proximity of me, maybe that’s why we don’t have them at home hardly ever.
My son shares my distaste for bananas. It makes it difficult to find a smoothie I can stand.

DH used to eat them. I wouldn't allow him to put the peels in the trash in the kitchen if it wasn't being taken out almost immediately. He hasn't asked for them in awhile. He also eats sardines, which I think stink terribly. I make him wash out the can before he throws it away and he can't eat them when I'm in the room.

View attachment 5990492

Congratulations! You have had a successful week!

Congratulations! You have had a successful week!

Thanks Alexa :smile:. I know it may be a bit much (2 newbies in a month) but I am glad to be done looking/shopping.

My life-long aversion to banana started as a young child — don’t know how. I vaguely remember eating them — and liking them. But somewhere along the line, I started to dislike them so much that it’s my #1 most disliked food! I know it’s like the most nutritious fruit but can’t do it :lol:. No splitting a banana split with anyone ever :lol:

Bananas in the United States are boring and tasteless. I don't blame y'all. The bananas I ate growing up in South East Asia are so much tastier! There are different varieties too. I remember eating bananas that had black seeds the size of green peas!
I love plantain! I might like the bananas you grew up with. What I hate about bananas is the snot in the center, especially when the banana gets too ripe.

I love plantain! I might like the bananas you grew up with. What I hate about bananas is the snot in the center, especially when the banana gets too ripe.
Lol my DS1 has issues with ripe bananas too! He eats bananas that are still greenish.

I love plantains too! I can't eat regular corn chips anymore due to my auto immune condition. I love eating plantain chips with hot honey hummus !