Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

View attachment 5983127

Call me boring, but I love these classic silhouettes so much :smile:
Thanks for this classic picture! Shorten the skirts and wear right now. Plus adding jeans, tailored pant or even shorts and you’re good to go. Some people call all of this boring, but it lasts. Years ago a patient wore a jacket into the office so I could see it. It was part of a suit that she purchased on her honeymoon in Paris back in the 50’s right after Chanel reopened her House. It was off white with gold braid and was beautiful. She said she had given the skirt to a granddaughter since she could no longer wear it. The jacket still fit her. I was amazed that she brought it in because there must have been six months that elapsed since we had discussed Chanel.

Received another unsolicited text from a long-distance SA about this jacket from Pre-Spring/Summer. (!!!!!)

Did anyone here get it or try it on and what were your thoughts? I'm mostly concerned about the upper arms being very narrow... and don't trust my local Nordstrom Chanel seamstresses to do a good job if it needs alterations.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image_2.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Wow
Reactions: icedcoffee and 880
Received another unsolicited text from a long-distance SA about this jacket from Pre-Spring/Summer. (!!!!!)

Did anyone here get it or try it on and what were your thoughts? I'm mostly concerned about the upper arms being very narrow... and don't trust my local Nordstrom Chanel seamstresses to do a good job if it needs alterations.
Thanks in advance!
It was posted and I think she said it ran small.

I am not thrilled with my Nordstrom tailor as well

Last edited:
Before I posted the above, I looked a ways back on this thread and couldn't find it---but maybe I didn't look far back enough... I'll try again.
Tried on a few 24P RTW pieces when I went to pick up my cruise reserves. I found most of the pieces from 24P ran a size small. The only one I liked is the black and white jacket and even that looks cropped on me.

View attachment 5936682
View attachment 5936681

The cruise jacket is heavier and a stiffer tweed than I expected. I originally worried the color might not work on me, but now looks like color works but need a lot of tailoring. Thinking to remove some material from the sleeve to make it slightly less flared

View attachment 5936684

Had a chance to try on this amazing tweed jacket. Very light weight. The other pieces with knitted fabric were pretty scratchy and felt a little uncomfortable to wear.

Perhaps a PM to the posters will help you decide what to do? Good Luck!

• Thanks
Reactions: kipp

Thanks in advance!
I am in between sizes and this one is tight on the shoulder for me. The arm hole felt fine but I have skinny arms and usually this part is not an issue. I don’t like the length but I am 5’7” so it’s probably not an issue for someone slightly shorter. The tweed is very cute, but it’s super thin and not soft so this would depends on your preference.

The fit feels very similar to the 24C yellow jacket, if you tried that one before.

IMG_4453.jpeg

I am in between sizes and this one is tight on the shoulder for me. The arm hole felt fine but I have skinny arms and usually this part is not an issue. I don’t like the length but I am 5’7” so it’s probably not an issue for someone slightly shorter. The tweed is very cute, but it’s super thin and not soft so this would depends on your preference.

The fit feels very similar to the 24C yellow jacket, if you tried that one before.

View attachment 5983295
Thanks so much!

Reactions: icedcoffee and Joke

View attachment 5983295
I also tried this on a while ago. I am usually a 36/38 but definitely the 38 fit better. I agree that I don’t love what it is doing at the upper arm/deltoid area. Maybe size up and have Chanel tailor?

Hello friends:

Debating between this 18A jacket and the 11A cardigan. I got them at similar price, should I keep both?

18A jacket:
pro: better value as jacket, love the neckline and metallic threads and BUTTONS.
Con: very form fitting (no room for weight fluctuations lol), material is not tweed but a hard woolshell, the shoulder is a little more padded than I like.

11A jacket
Pro: beautiful embellishment, soft cashmere fabric, loose fitting
Con: embellishment is heavy, cardigan itself is basic besides the embellishment.

Let me know your thoughts! TIA

IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5846.jpegIMG_5847.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello friends:

Debating between this 18A jacket and the 11A cardigan. I got them at similar price, should I keep both?

18A jacket:
pro: better value as jacket, love the neckline and metallic threads and BUTTONS.
Con: very form fitting (no room for weight fluctuations lol), material is not tweed but a hard woolshell, the shoulder is a little more padded than I like.

11A jacket
Pro: beautiful embellishment, soft cashmere fabric, loose fitting
Con: embellishment is heavy, cardigan itself is basic besides the embellishment.

Let me know your thoughts! TIA

View attachment 5983881
View attachment 5983882View attachment 5983883
18A No contest for me. Gives you a nice figure.

18A No contest for me. Gives you a nice figure.
Agree 100% with @gracekelly. Chanel garments can also be easily tailored or adjusted for more comfort

I did notice that your question was should you keep both. If you love the cardigan just as much as the jacket, of course you should keep what you love.

For my own style, which may be very different than yours, idk, I would let the cardigan go bc I would worry that the weight of embellishment would either annoy me or cause the garment to deform over time. And, for my wardrobe, an embellished sweater like this is neither fish nor fowl. It’s not exactly casual or dressy, and as I am 56 and short (and a bit thick waisted), I think it might make me look matronly. I need some structure to look my best. But, we are all different, and it’s JMO :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Zixi1000
Agree 100% with @gracekelly. Chanel garments can also be easily tailored or adjusted for more comfort

I did notice that your question was should you keep both. If you love the cardigan just as much as the jacket, of course you should keep what you love.

For my own style, which may be very different than yours, idk, I would let the cardigan go bc I would worry that the weight of embellishment would either annoy me or cause the garment to deform over time. And, for my wardrobe, an embellished sweater like this is neither fish nor fowl. It’s not exactly casual or dressy, and as I am 56 and short (and a bit thick waisted), I think it might make me look matronly. I need some structure to look my best. But, we are all different, and it’s JMO :smile:
Thanks to you and @gracekelly for the feedbacks. My options are to keep neither, either, or both. But as I was trying on the cardigan I think I will definitely return it since the embellishment is heavy and noisy. The 18A jacket is growing on me, but still worried about the long term fit. My experience with boutique tailor is that they can generally size down but sizing up can be challenging.

• Love
Reactions: 880