Has anyone seen new Prada Galleria bags?

stacy_natalie

Aug 28, 2015
My SA texted me these pictures. He had told me they were coming out with some artsy limited pieces last time I saw him (a little over a week ago) but he wasn't even allowed to get or share photos at that time. Has anyone seen any of these IRL? I don't think the water color printed bags are available yet but the 3d embellished ones are on website for $8500. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_3050.jpg
    IMG_3050.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3077.jpg
    IMG_3077.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3079.jpg
    IMG_3079.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3081.jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3055.jpg
    IMG_3055.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3054.jpg
    IMG_3054.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3051.jpg
    IMG_3051.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Love
Reactions: IntheOcean
My SA texted me these pictures. He had told me they were coming out with some artsy limited pieces last time I saw him (a little over a week ago) but he wasn't even allowed to get or share photos at that time. Has anyone seen any of these IRL? I don't think the water color printed bags are available yet but the 3d embellished ones are on website for $8500. What do you guys think?
I was just in main PRADA store in Paris and saw some of the new bags. I’m going to do a special order for the man’s Galleria (not part of this new collection but it will be a stunning man sized dark green bag with silver hardware). I didn’t take any pictures of the women’s versions but I did see the light brown galleria covered in silver studs. It’s nice. They also had some painted smaller bags that were stunning (sorry, I’m not certain they were Gallerias but whatever they were they were very special).

Last edited:
ahh i see your pictures now. Yes I have seen the bags in person today in Paris and the painted ones are stunning. I much prefer the painted versions to the versions with 3D appliques or the version with silver studs. The staff at PRADA said that the production run for the painted bags is small so if you are considering it you should go for it. I particularly liked the white one with light blue flowers and the aqua one with green flowers. They are pretty small but I know that is on trend for women's bags right now.

That sounds awesome, do you have a photo of the bag you ordered?

I would love to see the bags in person but I don't think they have anywhere near me and I know my SA said they're VERY limited in the US.

Glad you guys had such a pleasant experience at Prada. I, too, popped into H flagship when I was in Paris just to see it and it was in fact a madhouse as was Dior, though both beautiful.

I would love to see the bags in person but I don't think they have anywhere near me and I know my SA said they're VERY limited in the US.

Glad you guys had such a pleasant experience at Prada. I, too, popped into H flagship when I was in Paris just to see it and it was in fact a madhouse as was Dior, though both beautiful.
I can believe they are very limited in the US as that is what the SA at the main Prada store in Paris told me. If you are on the fence I would say to go for it, you can always decline the bag if it arrives and you don't like it. I am not an expert, but I can imagine that these bags could become grail pieces for some people. Not sure where you are but the bag is going to be more expensive in the USA, especially when you factor in US Sales tax and VAT refund in France. If you could hop on a plane to Paris tonight I can assure you that the Prada bags are there right now. You could probably pay for your trip if you bought a few extra and resold them in USA. :idea:

I was looking at a back season Saint Laurent SDJ in dark green on the Saks website. The base price on the Saks website was easily 25% above the EU base price, and that doesn't include US sales tax (I'm not eligible for VAT refunds as I live in France). And Saks won't ship the bag to France, I would have to have the bag shipped to my cousin in Oregon and she could UPS it to me. And then there would be high risk of getting stung for import duties when the bag arrives in France. So at the end of the day the bag would probably cost me twice what the French price would be so I abandoned the idea. And it's a good thing--I would rather have a custom dark green Galleria Prada bag anyway.

There are two options for the men's Galleria in size. I think I am going for the larger one, the smaller size is nice but really more like a brief case. Of course the attached pics are black. My custom will be in dark green saffiano leather with silver hardware. The colour is stunning in person and a good thing about the dark green is that it will work year round. The bag will be pretty formal but it would also go well with blue jeans or even white jeans.

Attachments

• Prada Galleria large.jpg
    Prada Galleria large.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 28
  • Prada Galleria small.jpg
    Prada Galleria small.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Jktgal
Very nice! Would love to see the dark green colour if you don't mind sharing pictures when it arrives. I have a couple Prada saffiano bags (Sabbia and rose) but have not seen the dark green.

I understand the savings by purchasing in France versus the US. I live in the US but did some shopping while in Paris (and Amsterdam which had same prices as Paris) a few months ago and I would estimate that between the lower prices plus VAT refund, savings on brands like Givenchy and Louis Vuitton were around 30%.

Yes, that could cover trip there....I like the way you think! I'm unsure about these bags, my SA had just told me about them bc he knows I like unique bags and have other former artist collab pieces like the James Jean fairy ftom 2008 and bunnies from 2018. Not sure if I love these. They're pretty but may look a bit "old lady". Hard to tell without seeing in person. Looks like the 3d applique bags are $6800 Euros in france versus $8500 in US, unsure about the watercolor bags bc don't see them on either website yet.

Last edited:
I saw the watercolour bags in person and they were stunning. I could see how you could think that the white and blue flowers one is “old lady” as it did sort of remind me of Dutch blue and white porcelain. But bear in mind the bag is a Galleria. I thought the painted bags were stunning and not “old lady”. Will be curious to see what US price is. By the time you figure in taxes I bet the price differential will be about $2000 (if not more) so a quick trip to Paris could almost pay for itself. If you want to gamble on the bags becoming “grail” pieces you could buy a few and leave them boxed up, then sell the bags in a couple of years in pristine condition. You could make money. Seriously, you could.

It's solid advice I just know I have never sold anything before, I really just like to purchase for my own enjoyment. At this point its tempting to make the trip there just to be able to see these beauties in person!

It's solid advice I just know I have never sold anything before, I really just like to purchase for my own enjoyment. At this point its tempting to make the trip there just to be able to see these beauties in person!
I know what you mean. If I were taking my own advice. I would buy a couple myself and leave them in the box to sell in a few years. I don’t feel like I’m quite knowledgable enough about bags to do that with much confidence (though I have a feeling I wouldn’t lose on those painted PRADA bags).

But fact remains: you could call the store and reserve the bag and make the trip to Paris to collect it. The savings in cost between France and US would pay for the trip. You could decide in Paris if you want to buy more bags. They have the bags now, I don’t think they will last long.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
They are gorgeous but not for me. I am boring though unless it has something cute on it--like a Loewe and a Studio Ghibli collab. My dream Prada bag right now is a mini galleria in Argilla which would probably categorize as a boring color.

I would say though to only buy if you love the bag. Buying to resell later is a gamble and you still have to make enough to recoup seller fees. If you want an investment, invest in stocks or mutual funds. They are easy to liquidate vs waiting around for a buyer with specific taste and a lot of money. Plus it likely feel a little frustrating if you were trying to sell on a platform where you receive low ball offers.

If you buy one to use, you might want to consider a twilly for any of the bags with the either a light colored handle or with painted flowers on the handles. Saffiano is pretty durable--I have a mini Galleria that I have had for about 8 years, I don't use a twilly and the handles are perfect but it is a dark color and it is not an everyday bag for me. But, I have seen some preloved galleria bags with awful wear on the handles and I would be nervous about that esp on a bag with painted flowers on the handles.

Paris shopping trip would be amazing!

If you haven't seen this yet here is a reel from Harroda instagram for the Prada section of the store. It has some of the bags you had pictures of:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I always purchase bags for my own enjoyment, not as an investment or future resale value. I really started this thread to see what people thought of these bags. Not sure if I like them enough to purchase or not. I have alot of bags, many that rarely or never get used. My SA knows I like things that are unique, artsy, girly, and I like fun patterns. As I type that, I realize I just described these bags in still just not sure it's love at first sight for me. Hopefully some others will chime in with their opinion about the bags in general. Pretty? Tacky? Too matronly? Etc.

ETA: after watching the video, I think what's bothering me about some of the bags featured is the background color (even though pink is my favorite color, I think I would like the floral print on white background better).

Last edited:

I don’t have a CGI of the bag (yet) as it is a special order. However the leather colour will be green as shown here in a smaller bag. Hardware will be silver instead of gold. The bag size is shown in the picture of the black Galleria. It’s going to be a pretty big bag. They told me it will take three months to produce, it would be amazing if it arrives in time for my birthday in July.IMG_0505.jpegIMG_0499.jpeg

I don’t have a CGI of the bag (yet) as it is a special order. However the leather colour will be green as shown here in a smaller bag. Hardware will be silver instead of gold. The bag size is shown in the picture of the black Galleria. It’s going to be a pretty big bag. They told me it will take three months to produce, it would be amazing if it arrives in time for my birthday in July.View attachment 5979965View attachment 5979968
@DavidFincher that color green is gorgeous! Can't wait to see your bag when it's ready and really hoping it arrives in time for your birthday!

Reactions: DavidFincher