Ann Demeulemeester

Pollie-Jean

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
The sneakers need to be returned, poor workmanship and the shape is anything but flattering ,
reminds me of Donald Duck's feet :rolleyes:

The shirt stays as it has much better quality . So I decided to buy this one too and I'm not disappointed

10211369NB_14_f.jpg

And I found that too , I'm very busy these days :lol:

IMG_20240309_072307.jpgIMG_20240309_072858.jpg

Last edited:
She really deserves her own thread !
I love her !
Please share your stuff here

Huge, longtime fan here of both Ann D and Patti Smith !
Actually my first avatar at tPF was the Patti Smith image on the album cover of Horses that so inspired Ann D :biggrin:

IMG_0668.jpeg

I’ve collected a few bits and pieces over the years (including many boots!!) but not much lately. This coat-jacket with attached vest is fairly recent though. Not a wise buy for my mild climate but I couldn’t resist
IMG_6392.jpeg

Huge, longtime fan here of both Ann D and Patti Smith !
Actually my first avatar at tPF was the Patti Smith image on the album cover of Horses that so inspired Ann D :biggrin:

View attachment 5965840

I’ve collected a few bits and pieces over the years (including many boots!!) but not much lately. This coat-jacket with attached vest is fairly recent though. Not a wise buy for my mild climate but I couldn’t resist
View attachment 5965841

This album cover is my constant companion in life in every form since the 70s :heart:
Whether in different formats as a mural or on T-shirts, stickers ...
At the moment it is hanging as a large canvas picture in the living room

Mapplethorpe was great !
1710405296689.jpeg
1710405348440.jpeg

I love your coat , Straight ! :loveeyes:

This album cover is my constant companion in life in every form since the 70s :heart:
Whether in different formats as a mural or on T-shirts, stickers ...
At the moment it is hanging as a large canvas picture in the living room

Mapplethorpe was great !
View attachment 5965844
View attachment 5965845

I love your coat , Straight ! :loveeyes:
That photo of Patti and Robert together (late 60s?) in the context of this thread really shows how influential their style was on Ann Demeulemeester - monochrome, the neckwear/jewellery, extra thin t-shirts that are equal parts baggy and clingy or off shoulder, etc

Yes Mapplethorpe was a rare talent. Definitely pushed the boundaries. Patti’s memoir ‘Just Kids’ was such a great read about their entwined artistic and personal lives in NYC at the beginning as well as the crowd they moved in … what a time it was! :coolio:

I love the outtakes from the Horses shoot too like this one - everything stark and industrial with bald light and a simple, androgynous style contrasting with the girlish Mary Janes and uncertain foot pose :heart:
IMG_0669.jpeg