King Charles III and Queen Camilla

Can I just say that the new Queen is doing a fantastic job keeping going and doing loads of engagements while everyone else is missing? After all the bad press she has had, what a trouper she is turning out to be.
Exactly! Even more impressive - she spent most of her life doing not much and when others her age are retiring, she's now out there doing something she hasn't done before. Very pleasantly too.

Also, she does that thing Philip wanted Fergie and Diana to do - she keeps her emotions in check.

She's a natural, perfect for the role.

Exactly! Even more impressive - she spent most of her life doing not much and when others her age are retiring, she's now out there doing something she hasn't done before. Very pleasantly too.

Also, she does that thing Philip wanted Fergie and Diana to do - she keeps her emotions in check.

:tup: I'll also give her this--she was hammered for years in the press and the public saw her as the home wrecker for a long time. Despite all the Diana drama yada yada, Camilla has really risen to the occasion. IMO her love for Charles is deep, she took all the criticism, didn't complain, was very respectful to the Queen, observed what to do, learned, and wants to help Charles as much as she can. That includes fulfilling her role as best she can. She probably realizes that the Queen was sooo popular that Charles has a very tough act to follow. She's an asset. She's no dummy and doesn't suffer fools, but she seems kind when she's out and about.

Yea he was getting a bit chubby before - I think he will lose his hair soon it was beginning to look a bit sparse round his ears so he is probably only at the start of his chemo and may look a lot worse before he gets better
Not every chemo/therapy involves hair loss. I don't think that what he is getting will cause it.

That is a wonderful observation and it's a shame that it isn't discussed more in the media. She has a good energy level for her age. What I really like is that she appears to be truly interested in what she is doing and who she meets.

Fergie biggest fault is not knowing when to keep silent. Her mouth sinks her every time.

I’m on chemo long-term and have hair thinning but no loss. Different meds have different outcomes on that. Same with weight loss/gain. I’ve gained weight :doh:

Depending on KC’s treatment duration and meds, he may see little to no side effects that disrupt obvious physical appearance. It seems he’s doing well, thankfully, and hopefully that means a very short treatment plan and minimal side effects for him.

Not sure that's correct. Still making my way through that Robert Hardman book (I feel I do not know English at all with all the fancy words he is using in every other sentence :lol: ) and he claims she's been hard at work for decades with causes close to her heart (her reading initiatives, domestic violence) starting from before they were married, but mostly under the radar and without drawing attention to herself.

Not sure that's correct. Still making my way through that Robert Hardman book (I feel I do not know English at all with all the fancy words he is using in every other sentence :lol: ) and he claims she's been hard at work for decades with causes close to her heart (her reading initiatives, domestic violence) starting from before they were married, but mostly under the radar and without drawing attention to herself.
Maybe so in other countries. Here in Britain, these are definitely not, and never have been under the radar, they're usually well publicised.

I’m on chemo long-term and have hair thinning but no loss. Different meds have different outcomes on that. Same with weight loss/gain. I’ve gained weight :doh:

Depending on KC’s treatment duration and meds, he may see little to no side effects that disrupt obvious physical appearance. It seems he’s doing well, thankfully, and hopefully that means a very short treatment plan and minimal side effects for him.
I gained weight and lost all my hair - twice

Oh, that's interesting.

On the other hand, she was supported by KC all those years and if she chose to do some charity work, good for her. But I think she had a lot of down time, especially because she didn't have to worry about money.

That's why I'm so impressed she has the energy and graciousness to carry out this role so beautifully. At this time of her life!

At this rate they should just close shop for a prolonged spring break or something.

The remaining senior members of the BRF are mostly geriatrics so what do you expect? Of the younger generation that was expected to step up to the plate, we all know what happened to Harry and Meghan. And the timing of Catherine’s surgery unfortunately coincided with Charles’s cancer diagnosis, leaving only William in the under 65 crew to handle engagements. Charles really needs to rethink this and pull in more of William’s generation to handle at least some of the engagements that are being postponed left and right. I can’t even imagine how big a backlog there is at this point.