The Loewe Hammock

Does anyone know the classic (recurring) colors for the compact hammock and also the seasonal colors? Trying to put off buying a compact sand since I’m thinking of getting another puzzle bag before they phase them out in stores.

So Sorry you have to go thru this. I hate when I have trouble with delivery. Hope it gets resolved soon.
Thank you so much. I ended up getting a small Hammock from The Real Real, which should arrive in a few days. I'm tentatively excited! But also a little nervous about OnTrac as a shipping partner. I will just keep an open mind and trust them for now.

On another note, I saw this Hammock on Grailed listed as authenticated for USD 765. The glue and edges are so messy that I don't know if I trust it.

I have hard a hard time believing a Loewe leather handbag would wear this badly, since my Puzzle bag looks pristine after almost 3 years of heavy usage.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with buying pre-loved Loewe/luxury goods on Grailed?

(Images from the Grailed listing.)

SmartSelect_20230801_172105_Brave.jpg
SmartSelect_20230801_172112_Brave.jpg

@viewwing @antreyes03

My replacement small Loewe Hammock finally arrived from The Real Real! (RIP Lost mini Loewe Hammock, hopefully UPS finds you someday.) The color is darker than the photos, but the leather is buttery soft.

Question: Has anyone seen a "C" by their serial number before? My mini Puzzle doesn't have a "C" by the serial number.

I know that Hermes uses stars and horseshoes on their bags to signify different things, so I hope the "C" on this bag means something similar? Otherwise everything feels and smells right.

Love the bag!

20230803_150522(1).jpg20230803_144809.jpg20230803_145231.jpg20230803_145016.jpg

@viewwing @antreyes03

My replacement small Loewe Hammock finally arrived from The Real Real! (RIP Lost mini Loewe Hammock, hopefully UPS finds you someday.) The color is darker than the photos, but the leather is buttery soft.

Question: Has anyone seen a "C" by their serial number before? My mini Puzzle doesn't have a "C" by the serial number.

I know that Hermes uses stars and horseshoes on their bags to signify different things, so I hope the "C" on this bag means something similar? Otherwise everything feels and smells right.

Love the bag!
I remember reading somewhere that the C is a mark for Outlet pieces. Don’t quote me as if that’s 100% certain but I did read that somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: pursekitten
I remember reading somewhere that the C is a mark for Outlet pieces. Don’t quote me as if that’s 100% certain but I did read that somewhere.

Ah gotcha, thank you so much! Honestly, if this is an outlet piece I'm stunned at the high quality. I wish The Real Real would've disclosed that as well as a few other light stains, but overall, TRR came through for me yet again. (Pending online authentication.)

Other brands like Gucci, Coach, Prada, Kate Spade, etc. have produced subpar pieces specifically for years, so I haven't shopped outlets in ages because I haven't wanted to weird out SAs by standing there pulling at seams and scrunching leather. lol

Reactions: jcantu
@viewwing @antreyes03

Love the bag!

View attachment 5834903View attachment 5834904View attachment 5834905View attachment 5834906
Gorgeous! Love it! Hope you enjoy using it!

• Love
Reactions: pursekitten
@viewwing @antreyes03

Love the bag!

View attachment 5834903View attachment 5834904View attachment 5834905View attachment 5834906
If I remember correctly it means it's discounted when purchased! I don't think it's specifically made for outlet though, just probably made it into outlet and hence the discount mark

I just bought a preloved small blue Hammock bag from buyee (Japan Yahoo Auction) and the photos shows that it comes with silver feet.

Does anyone know if the earlier version of the small Hammock bag came with metal feet at the bottom (like the old Puzzle bag before Loewe removed the feet and D-rings)?

Does anyone have any experience or opinions around the leather for hammocks?

I'm mostly interested in the compact or mini size but may be open to small as well. Does anyone have the mini (with drawstrings)? I've never seen it in person and curious if it holds much?

I think I like the sand color which only looks like it comes in grained calfskin but would be open to other neutral colors too, maybe tan or black.

I noticed they come in classic calfskin and grained calfskin - not interested in satin calfskin as people say it scratches easily and I want this to be my daily bag and not have to baby it. Grained and classic calfskin are the same price! I've tried the hammock on in store a few times but never realized there are different leathers until I looked online.

I think I'd like the grained more because it reminds me of Chanel caviar which holds up really well.... thoughts? 663908c6-0792-462b-85f9-fcc561504768.jpg

Attachments

• 7c9b0d10-0a8b-4815-98e1-8a4194143c65.jpg
    7c9b0d10-0a8b-4815-98e1-8a4194143c65.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

I'm mostly interested in the compact or mini size but may be open to small as well. Does anyone have the mini (with drawstrings)? I've never seen it in person and curious if it holds much?

I think I like the sand color which only looks like it comes in grained calfskin but would be open to other neutral colors too, maybe tan or black.

I noticed they come in classic calfskin and grained calfskin - not interested in satin calfskin as people say it scratches easily and I want this to be my daily bag and not have to baby it. Grained and classic calfskin are the same price! I've tried the hammock on in store a few times but never realized there are different leathers until I looked online.

I think I'd like the grained more because it reminds me of Chanel caviar which holds up really well.... thoughts? View attachment 5938106
I have the mini hammock with drawstrings in classic tan, and I adore it. I’ve had it for 2.5 years and it has worn well—no scratches or issues. It holds a lot for a mini bag. My phone, small wallet (zip cardholder) keys, multiple lipglosses, hand lotion/AirPods and random other items can all fit. Since it’s an open bucket bag, you could really fill it to the brim. :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: cmln

I think I'd like the grained more because it reminds me of Chanel caviar which holds up really well.... thoughts? View attachment 5938106
I had the mini before and unlike previous commenter, I couldn't wrap around my head using the bag without having some sort of worry looming at the back of my mind (bcs how open it is, the drawstring in my experience wasn't able to fully secure the opening, especially if I filled it to the brim). I guess it's also bcs I commuted with train a lot in the past. Now that I drive more, probably the mini would do just fine.

Currently have the small and it is my go-to work/ daily bag. Opening is much more secure IMO (bcs it folds) and I could manage to fit bigger stuff in dimension (A4 papers, Ipad pro, etc). It becomes a tote bag at that point and I don't mind some item sticking out.
I adore the compact size but I would suggest trying it in store with your stuff in it. I kinda notice the compact doesn't stay fold on its sides once the bag is full (from youtubers/ some posts here in PF) and tend to open up unless you secure the clasp. It probably has to do with how much you would want to carry.

Regarding the leather type, I have the soft grained and glad I went with that. My puzzles were all smooth calfskin and although the leather is as robust as the grained, I could imagine the mailability would cause structure lost in the Hammock faster, if it isn't stuffed properly (Fashionphile is the best reference for this, as you can see clear difference through time, of how the two leathers differ in wear). I also would imagine the smooth calfskin would wear better in compact size, as there is less surface area for it to lose shape overtime.

• Insightful
Reactions: cmln and ghoulish
What is the leather used for the laced version of the Hammock? This version was the one that caught my attention for the first time because of the leather. When I could not find the same design after, I settled for one with pebbled leather and coloured handles. It is nice and I love these types of leather. But I can never forget the patina on the leather they used for the laced version.

I guess what I am trying to say with leather choices is that depending on what type of leather you love, the non textured one may be better, not so much because they are resistant to scratches, but because they can patina in ways more processed ones can not.