Which Cartier Watch would you get?

I’m trying to decide between the two, what do you think?

• Panthere

Votes: 46 59.0%
  • Tank Louis

Votes: 32 41.0%

• Total voters
I chose Panthere but I’m biased haha, because I have one!

For the longest time, I thought I was going to get a tank.
And when I went into the store to try it on, my husband encouraged me to try on as many watches as possible.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/cartier-watch-photo-comparisons-panthere-and-tanks.1057434/

And I ended up falling for the TT Panthere lol

IMG_8752.jpeg

The links make it so comfortable and I like to mix metals so the TT goes well with all my jewelry.

Is there a certain aesthetic you’re going for or you like?
The Panthere is all metal while the tank Louis in your photo has a leather strap which gives it a warmer toned down vibe.

I chose Panthere but I’m biased haha, because I have one!

For the longest time, I thought I was going to get a tank.
And when I went into the store to try it on, my husband encouraged me to try on as many watches as possible.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/cartier-watch-photo-comparisons-panthere-and-tanks.1057434/

And I ended up falling for the TT Panthere lol

View attachment 5929696

The links make it so comfortable and I like to mix metals so the TT goes well with all my jewelry.

Is there a certain aesthetic you’re going for or you like?
The Panthere is all metal while the tank Louis in your photo has a leather strap which gives it a warmer toned down vibe.

Love it on you! I’m not sure- i have a Rolex 31 ss, i’m mostly wearing sporty stuff like jeans and sneakers, my mom confused me saying you already have an everyday watch, get the panthere as its more dressy.

The Panthere is pretty and known as the "It Girl" watch on celebrities and Instagram influencers. (For some, but not everyone of course, getting a Panthere seems to be another box to check after Birkin/Classic Flap, Love/Alhambra bracelet, etc.) The Tanks give off a more quiet luxury, even French vibe for serious watch collectors or aspiring ones. Just my opinion. I voted Tank and that's what I own, but you may be seeking a different look.

I have the same TT panthere with diamonds and it is very versatile. Work, day, evening, so comfortable that although I have other watches, this is the go-to. Metal is also more hygienic

However the tank is very classy, especially as a work watch for office based jobs.

it depends how you want to use it. If you are looking for an evening watch, there are also other glam choices, and you could also consider a single colour ( gold or steel) panthere, which is a bit more dressy than the two tone.

I have both panthere (but gold with diamonds size small) and a tank louis. I love both but for different reasons. I wear tank louis sometimes for work but I choose to wear panthere 95% of the time. I love the touch of sparkle. To me, tank louis is sophisticated, clean, and professional. Panthere is feminine and is more a piece of jewelry.

Neither would be my choice. The Panthere watch reminds me of the 1980s. The design looks old and tired to me, but if you weren’t around in the 1980s when that watch was very popular, it may look fresh to you. The Tank watch could be from any brand. It’s a classic style, but nondescript. Trust your gut. Buy what YOU love.

Reactions: neome
Love it on you! I’m not sure- i have a Rolex 31 ss, i’m mostly wearing sporty stuff like jeans and sneakers, my mom confused me saying you already have an everyday watch, get the panthere as its more dressy.

The Panthere is more dressy but I think can be dressed up or down.
If the tank is something you’ve always wanted but your mother’s comment made you unsure then I’d go with your gut instinct on what makes your heart sing when you put it on!
If you like both equally, then maybe take some time to think about it if you’re not in a hurry. They are both classic pieces and will always be there.