OCEAN WORK w/ SILVER GIANT HARDWARE...

incoralblue

Boy With Bags
O.G.
Jan 28, 2007
As I had predicted in my Early Fall Review
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/coral-blues-fw-07-early-review-aint-going-147776-9.html

My very first Fall/Winter 2007 Collection purchase is an OCEAN WORK with Silver Giant Hardware...

Photo from BALENCIAGA NEW YORK…
the leather is absolutely gorgeous and even...
DSC04671.jpg

And here she is, I received her yesterday…

IMG_1035.jpg

The Ocean Work I received is much lighter than the other Ocean’s I’ve seen…

Here’s an Ocean Part Time from NM…(the color was adjusted to how it was when I saw the bag in person)…

IMG00056.jpg

This photo is an accurate representation of my Ocean…

IMG_1028.jpg

My slowly growing WORK COLLECTION…

IMG_1040.jpg

A new family shot…

IMG_1034.jpg

Here’s the problem though…after receiving her yesterday, I realized that there’s a scratch on the leather (as if the leather is actually lifting…it’s about an inch long), I’m not being difficult but it’s something that I know I can’t and won’t get over. So I’m shipping her back.

Not sure yet if I want to re-order the same style/color bag….

I rarely ask but here goes…

Which one to get…

Stick to Ocean Work w/ Silver Giant Hardware….

DSC04671.jpg

Or get Ms. Sienna Work w/ classic hardware…

DSC04672.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

Hmmm. The ocean color looks great with SGH although a bit washed out... but then again I like darker, stronger colors better.
I'm thinking about the sienna color myself but I haven't seen it irl. If it were darker and rustier, I would get that, but I'm not sure... What about vert foncé or mogano?

But if it's between those two - I would decide whether I like the SGH or not and go from there. Why were you not sure whether you would want to re-order the ocean work?

EDIT: What color is that dark blue work (top left)? It's gorgeous!!

Beautiful - I love it ICB! But you are right - you must send it back - a flaw like that on a brand new bag would bug me to death. I have to admit, I'm totally loving the sienna work - totally rich and TDF. If I was ABSOLUTELY FORCED TO PICK ONE STYLE, it would be the sienna. But you know what works best for you and your lifestyle. :yes:

ICB - I would say the Ocean Work with SGH still. The Sienna Work reminds me a doctor's bag. Since you are an artist, I think the SGH Ocean Work fits you better. My humble opinion..........

ICB, I love both the sienna and the ocean with SGH, and I think you'll end up getting both. (wink wink) So for starters I'd suggest that you replace the ocean, and then get the sienna after! Since you do make it clear that there will be more purchases from this season's collection!