The look of damier (opinions please?)

Mar 26, 2007
So I've finally settled on a Damier Speedy 25. :yahoo::tender: :girlsigh: :cutesy::nuts:

I really wanted a monogram one, but I see SO MANY fake monogram bags around here that I didn't want to carry one that screams "ASK ME IF I'M FAKE!" kwim?

My question to you all--

I'm a brand whore. I'll totally admit it. This is going to be my first new piece of LV (all my other stuff is/was at least 3 years old) and I really like touting the brand. Do you think people will see it and immediately recognize it as LV?

What do you think of damier? Does it go with a lot? I thought it'd be a great fall-winter bag....

Is anyone else shallow like me, or am I alone?

Have the Damier Speedy 25 and love it! People will know right away its authentic and LV, for Damier line is so popular now. You made a great choice and it goes with everthing! Many PF members also feel is can be carried casual as well as dress unlike the regular monogram which is more casual! Congratulations!

I have the saleya. I don't think most people in my area recognize it to be LV, which I like at times. BUT people in the "know" will know. I have had many ladies say "love your Louis" or something like that when I am carrying it (most of the time these are SA at the mall or other people interested in fashion and brands). But I don't think the average joe is going to know its an LV.

I think damier will be a great choice, no vachetta to worry about and it will last forever. Anyone who knows their LV will be able to spot your bag in a second, and anyone who thinks it's fake doens't matter.

Damier looks great AND wears beautifully! I have a Saleya PM and I used it all the time on business travel.

Yep, bag fanatics will know it's LV alright!

Congrats on your new Speedy!

I have a Damier Speedy 25 and it is a wonderful bag for fall and winter. I'm right on Lake Erie and our winters here can be a bit brutal. It's so nice to have a bag that I don't need to worry about getting dirty and that has no vachetta.

My favorite damier piece is my duomo. I wear her with casual attire on the weekends or suits on the weekdays, pairing it with any color I am wearing. It's LV, it 'goes' with everything IMO...

GOOD. Because while I love the LV brand, I carry Coach bags all the time and if I hear "OMG IS THAT REAL?!" one more time, I'm gonna :bagslap:

Good, another person visiting from the Coach forum :yes:. I also ofen like some logos, but I am going to get either the Damier Speedy or the Mini Lin. I have just seen too many mono fakes and I want there to be no doubt I am supporting the brand by buying a real bag.