Real Fendi Zucca Bag De Jour vs. Fake with pictures

Mar 24, 2007
Here is a thread for anyone looking to buy a zucca bag dejour or if you bought one and want to know if its real.

I noticed there are tons of fakes on ebay selling anywhere from $300-$500:wtf:

I'm adding my fake bag pictures like the ones on ebay if someone would like to add pictures of their authentic one that'd be great!!!

And if an expert can point out what makes it a fake that would be great!

Thanks so much hope this helps someone:yes:

AndreaRenee164.jpg

Notice the removable sticker is crooked and no # below it! The snap is correct though with the Fiocchi Italy

AndreaRenee158.jpg

The leather serial strip is the wrong font (I think correct me if I'm wrong)

AndreaRenee152.jpg

AndreaRenee180.jpg

The fendi engraved plate and the fendi engraved twist lock closure
AndreaRenee168.jpg

The Fendi Lininig

The Handles

AndreaRenee170.jpg

The Side Pocket with the Leather detail

AndreaRenee183.jpg

The side seam in the bag that looks like it was glued
AndreaRenee185.jpg

The Bottom of the bag
AndreaRenee181.jpg

Front Leather detail with "fendi" script just below the handle
DSCN6401z.jpg

Front Leather details with the star FF just below the handle
DSCN6402z.jpg

Side pocket showing the hardware detail and leather
DSCN6403z.jpg

Please whatever you can point out that's wrong on this fake bag add to it!
If you have pictures of your authentic bag and dont mind sharing please do. Thanks Victoria:smile:

Thanks Mama! I have been seeing these a lot of these on Ebay and it shocks me at how good the replica is...even has the FIOCCHI Italy snaps & hardware is really similar..:wtf:

Maybe someone will post the authentic Bag de jour features...I only have this bag in the nappa, not the ZUCCA...at least not YET:graucho:

M -- nothing substantial, the biggies are the hologram, leather serial no., leather. I am sure the auth card is wrong as well...:cursing: Have seen sly sellers get a lot of dough for these fakes, they are quite deceiving. :Push:

Another thing I see here is the texture of the leather. I'm not familiar with the style of the De Jour bag, but this pattern stamped on the leather of the fake one is similar to the ones I've seen stamped on fake Magic bags. The fake bags have this very predictable and uniform pattern stamped on the leather. Real ones have a very irregular pattern naturally distressed into the leather, and the creases are deep and sharp. On fake ones they look like bubbly creases floating on top of the leather.

Here's a picture of what the leather should look like (albeit on the Magic bag).
attachment.php

I point this out because the leather stamping on the fake one above is exactly the same as how they did it on fake Magic bags.

Hope this helps.