Damier Alma or Speedy 25?

emilykj

O.G.
May 9, 2007
I'm in the market for a new Damier. My only other Damier piece is a Tribeca Long, which I love, but I want another Damier that is handheld and bigger. I recently purchased a Damier Azur Speedy 25, but exchanged it for the Azur Saleya PM because I thought that the inside of the Azur Speedy was kind of plasticy, and didn't like the smell. The inside didn't seem lined, KWIM? So my question is, does the Damier Ebene Speedy have the same kind of interior, only in red? Or is it lined like a Viva Cite MM for example? For those of you ladies who have both the Alma and Speedy, which do you prefer and why? Thanks!

eluxury says "Red textile lining with a patch pocket" for both damier alma and speedy so i think it's same as azur speedy. personally i prefer textile lining as i think it's lower maintenance vs the microfiber lining :smile:.

Is it just me, or has the quality/materials of of the Speedy (and Papillon for that matter), been downgraded in recent years? I remember looking at the Speedy years ago and it had a true, textile lining like the Alma, or the Cabas Piano. But as I said, the Azur Speedy that I bought didn't seem lined like that. It almost appeared as if the canvas exposed. Same goes for the Papillon. I saw a new Papillon 26 recently and the workmanship just didn't look as good as it did years ago back when the Damier Papillon had more of a terracotta lining vs the red that it is today.

I have a damier alma and a damier speedy 30 and they have the same exact lining. The speedy will hold more because it's flexible. You can't stuff too much in the alma without the zipper looking all funky. For the price, the speedy is more worth the $$. That being said, I still totally love my damier alma. If it's a more structured look you want, def. go with the alma.