Watch for fake "I'm not a plastic bag" totes!

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Well, it was bound to happen sooner than later, and it's happening sooner, I'm afraid. Counterfeits of Anya Hindmarch's "I'm not a plastic bag" totes are rampant on eBay. Do a search on iOffer and you'll see what I mean.

I am by no means an expert on this bag, but from what I understand you shouldn't buy a bag from a seller that is selling it in plastic -- I believe they were never packaged that way. Also, avoid sellers who have mass quantities of this bag, because every store put limits on the amounts of bags that consumers could purchase.

Just watching out for my fellow PFers! :heart:

thanks for the info, I had a look and I noticed that there were coloured lettering that have not been made yet too, like pink, yellow, light green, just awful!

If you go to the anya hindmarch site it will tell you what has been launched so far.

I am surprised it has taken this long for fakes to get onto eBay...they've been on sale on a stand in Oxford Street, outside Selfridges, for weeks...along with all the other fakes. Although saddened, I am not surprised that the police have done nothing, in London it's hard enough to get them to turn up the same day as a burglary. But I am surprised that none of the designers selling in Selfridges has objected...

I usually go by where it's selling or shipping from - 99,999 times out of 100,000 if it's coming out of Asia, specifically China or HongKong then it's a fake. One is even showing a badly frayed handle and claiming it's BNWT. Also many are new sellers with no feedback.