gerard darel

hmm the new prices are so high now... to be honest as much as I love the bag, paying that much for it is not worthit... especially seeing the leather in real life.... its not something I would pay so much for... I sort of regret getting mine.. I was rather disappointed with the leather they used....

hmm the new prices are so high now... to be honest as much as I love the bag, paying that much for it is not worthit... especially seeing the leather in real life.... its not something I would pay so much for... I sort of regret getting mine.. I was rather disappointed with the leather they used....

I'm surprised to hear you say that - most people who have posted about them seem to rave about the leather. Does it not wear well?? How would you describe it - thick or thin? Soft & smooth or textured & thicker?

I'm surprised to hear you say that - most people who have posted about them seem to rave about the leather. Does it not wear well?? How would you describe it - thick or thin? Soft & smooth or textured & thicker?

This is solely my personal opinion, so please don't attack me ladies after you have read this....

I think I really don't like my for a combination of factors really... first off I got it in Luggage, which when I got it the colour looks like poo... but that's besides the fact...

Ok what I don't like about the leather - I have not used it yet so I don't know whether it would wear well or whether the leather would become better with use - but from what I saw now.. hmm... how do I describe it...
the leather is smooth, and its soft, and the bag is lightweight, but the leather quality itself is not that great. Like when you feel the leather u know its lacking something... I don't know how to describe it...

For example, when I feel my Botkier Bianca its smooth and soft too and u know its good quality leather - it has a sheen to it too.. but the GD bag is more opaque and dull...Oh and as for think/thin - the leather is relatively thinner, which is why its lighter. Its smooth leather not pebbled, but when I feel the leather its soft.. but not like Hayden Harnett soft - it feels artificial - but I know it isn't... so many mixed feelings...

I don't know if I am contradicting myself.. its just that something does not feel too right with the bag for me - its not what I expected so I was disappointed... I am still keeping it because I love the shape so much and I am hoping I would get over the leather thing and really will like the bag eventually.. but so far no luck - well I guess I really shouldn't complain because I got it on sale, but still it wasn't really what I had expected...

I returned mine because, I too, did not feel the quality was worth the price. It was a nice bag, but not $400+ worth.

The leather was nice and light, but it just didn't look and feel like an expensive bag. At a $200-ish price point, I would have liked it ;o). I got it in the dark brown.

I returned mine because, I too, did not feel the quality was worth the price. It was a nice bag, but not $400+ worth.

The leather was nice and light, but it just didn't look and feel like an expensive bag. At a $200-ish price point, I would have liked it ;o). I got it in the dark brown.

Oh YES - that's my feeling too - it dosen't look and feel like an expensive bag. I paid around 200-ish and even at that price I don't feel its worth-it. Because many bags at this price already has much much better leather, like Tanos have a wonderful variety of leather and most bags at full price is not even at 200.

so interesting to read this! i was thinking of buying one but at the same time, i had read a few other mixed reviews of the leather. i'm glad i decided against it (for right now anyway) :P

^ i feel the same way, I was really gunning for this bag but this has taken the motor out of my engine for sure. Oh, well, I'll set my sights on another bag, I'll have no problem falling in love with something else on this forum...

I really wanted one, but when I tried it on in the store it just didn't suit me at all. And it looked so nice in the store window! :sad:

I was not that impressed with the leather either.

I love mine, I have one in the dark brown. I also got one for my sister in black. And it seems that there is a definite difference in the leather between the two. I think the black is even softer than the brown. But I love both. And in a world of OTT hardware, I just think it's such a simple and elegant bag. And I think the leather quality is good.