pushy sales lady SLAPPED my arm cuz i didn't buy tokidoki at her store

resin

mouth like heroin
O.G.
Apr 22, 2007
sooooooo i went to 'sequin' this store downtown vancouver, bc here that sells tokidoki and other brands and the asian lady who must own the store is always really pushy with sales. i told her i had 4 other prints and she slapped my arm asking how many i had bought in her store and i said none because they were last years prints. besides her freaking store didn't open until 3 months ago, ugh i'm pissed off about it and thought i'd tell you how awful she was to me.

looks like i won't be giving SEQUIN any business from now on.

:cursing:

weird lady!! But thats how asians are, they have funny ways to show their emotions by using different gestures to convey their true feelings.
I think it's just because she's a really bad saleswoman, not because she's asian.

And hopefully my asian-ness won't prevent me from conveying my true feelings when I say that I do not like it when people make broad statements about people based on race.

Uh yeah... I don't think that's an "asian" thing... The Japanese don't do that... That's extremely rude and they're too much about politeness. I don't really see Chinese people doing it either... But I can see a hot-tempered Korean woman doing it! *lol* Too much kimchee!! :roflmfao:

How hard did she slap your arm and how'd she do it? A regular slap or a backhand to your arm?

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience :sad: But I agree with Maya.. I dont see store owners slapping customers here. To me, a slap with the front of the hand is offensive! But if its with the back of the hand, its more of a teasing/playful gesture. :shrugs: At least that's my opinion.

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience :sad: But I agree with Maya.. I dont see store owners slapping customers here. To me, a slap with the front of the hand is offensive! But if its with the back of the hand, its more of a teasing/playful gesture. :shrugs: At least that's my opinion.

Haha!! Not if it's a hard slap with the back of the hand!! Woopsh!!! *lol* Backhands can hurt!! My bf and I always joke around about that... If I do something or say something stupid, he's always like, "I'm gonna backhand your head." *lol* And I copy him and say the same, but it's not as funny when I say it.

I think it's just because she's a really bad saleswoman, not because she's asian.

And hopefully my asian-ness won't prevent me from conveying my true feelings when I say that I do not like it when people make broad statements about people based on race.

Ooh, let's not start fighting lol.:bagslap:

I do agree that it has nothing to do with ethnicity, but just a woman that does not know how to act professionally. If she does that with very many customers, she won't be in business in a few months!

Haha!! Not if it's a hard slap with the back of the hand!! Woopsh!!! *lol* Backhands can hurt!! My bf and I always joke around about that... If I do something or say something stupid, he's always like, "I'm gonna backhand your head." *lol* And I copy him and say the same, but it's not as funny when I say it.
Hahahaha true, true. It really depends on if it was HARD slap or not. Was it stinging afterwards or was it more of a shock like, "wtf?!" haha Some store owners/managers/workers ARE just really BAD at customer service.