Saint Laurent YSL Kate Thread

Does anyone know if the YSL Kate Tassel in Croc small size (20cm) comes in matte? I know there is a shiny leather croc version for small, and also the old small Kate comes in the matte croc. I can't seem to find information if the new small comes in the matte croc and I'm so in love with the small size and matte croc!

Looking to get the Kate for my 40th birthday, however primarily wanted to wear it with he chain doubled up. do you think that would wear down the leather on the sides that the chain hits?

If so are there any other fancier bags that you would recommend that i could wear like that? Chanel is out of my budget unfortunately.

Reactions: eggz716
Looking to get the Kate for my 40th birthday, however primarily wanted to wear it with he chain doubled up. do you think that would wear down the leather on the sides that the chain hits?

If so are there any other fancier bags that you would recommend that i could wear like that? Chanel is out of my budget unfortunately.

Have you looked at the Kate 99 bag? I have not seen in person, but from the website it seems to have a gold chain shoulder option and a leather shoulder/crossbody strap that can be interchanged. The sunset bag chain can also be doubled up as well. I saw the Becky bag which is stunning, even the Becky wallet on chain can be doubled up :smile:

Reactions: RVP149
Have you looked at the Kate 99 bag? I have not seen in person, but from the website it seems to have a gold chain shoulder option and a leather shoulder/crossbody strap that can be interchanged. The sunset bag chain can also be doubled up as well. I saw the Becky bag which is stunning, even the Becky wallet on chain can be doubled up :smile:
I have not looked at these but definitely will. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the YSL Kate Tassel in Croc small size (20cm) comes in matte? I know there is a shiny leather croc version for small, and also the old small Kate comes in the matte croc. I can't seem to find information if the new small comes in the matte croc and I'm so in love with the small size and matte croc!

Hi did you get it??
I got one preloved in croc for u$500 i cant wait to wear it!

Hi! I got a medium Kate tassel bag with gold hardware last year and I wore it quite a lot (even during the day) before COVID hit. Now I feel a bit conscious to wear it as a day bag which is my only option during lockdown. So I was wondering does everyone generally think this bag is night out/special occasion appropriate? Or does anyone wear theirs during the day as well? I’d usually dress it down but I wonder if it’d still look a bit too much for during the day...

Kate belt bag in dune. Love the versatility of this bag :smile: the belt can be removed to use the bag as a clutch, and I've seen videos of people attaching a gold chain to the loops to make it a shoulder bag.

View attachment 4926318
Beautiful bag and colour, congratulations! Love YSL belt bags, such a great idea to loop a chain through to make it a shoulder bag, so clever!

Reactions: SystarSystem
For any Kate tassel owners, what is your take on a medium matte croc Kate in black with the non-shiny silver hardware? The croc pattern is on the larger side. This bag is on sale but uncertain if the finishing of the hardware will downgrade the look. I‘ve been lusting Kate with tassel for a long time, but uncertain if it is dated because I rarely spotted on the street. But this style is still in the boutiques.

My preference is black with shiny gold hardware, but open to other options if it is on sale. (FYI, I got other black + gold bags and only 1 black + silver bag (WOC)).

Many years ago, I read there was tarnish issues on the tassel, but recently found out it should be fixed for bags after 2016/2017. Hope other owners could confirm this.

My other dilemma is I recently got 3 ysl bags last month during the COVID sale. (One was nude pink Kate WOC tassel in gold hardware). Uncertain if it is worth to buy the 4th bag for the above circumstances.

Hey guys! Got these two Kates today and wanna share some photos! :angel:
One is small with tri-colored hardware (gold/rose gold/silver) and the other one medium black on black. I didn’t notice that the small one was smooth leather (I wanted it in grained only) plus, even though beautiful, I’m afraid it’s a bit too small for my needs.

Here are photos of both of them and mod shots with black on black one! :love:
994C6FE6-45A6-43D9-AE47-388D96000F58.jpegFC6DC708-DF5E-43A8-93A1-FAA0DFAB4D06.jpeg1B719ACD-A0AC-43F7-B3DE-9FE5A3A3F875.jpeg3A8281AB-6730-4FE8-896C-85F9EA2C16BE.jpeg6938F032-9768-4074-A374-818B198AA265.jpeg72437FAF-D135-44B7-A264-9C4249930F7C.jpeg