Did the made in tag on neverfull change??

Nov 29, 2008
My friend just got a neverfull mm today from a store in New York. There is no place on the bag that says where it is made. There is no tag sewn into the seam saying made in USA and it just says Louis Vuitton Paris on the leather trim of the inside pocket. The code is SD4290. It came with a small paper tag that looks like this which I have never seen before (attached).
I know it is a real bag because it was purchased at a boutique through my long time SA.
Have they changed the way they mark the neverfulls? Can anyone provide insight?

F619B1A0-E8A4-4946-B5A3-B8D68E1FF6D4.jpeg

I just recently ordered a monogram Neonoe from the LV website and it arrived today, Mine does not have the made in usa tag as well, just the date code tag and a card that looks like the one you posted. I was also researching the forum about it.

Reactions: Purselover724
Posted this on another thread but felt it belonged here as well:

Hi everyone, I'm very new to TPF but have been stalking threads for YEARS. I finally decided to create an account because i wanted to know what others think of my recent experience.

So I went to the boutique on Friday 15 Jan to look at some wallets but I eventually got nothing because I felt that that batch I was looking at didnt seem up to scratch (QC issues imho). Anyway long story short, I ended up buying a Neverfull MM Damier Azur w Rose Ballerine lining.

I was very excited when I got home (as all of us would be after bringing a new LV baby home) so I was curious when my baby was made as I have been waiting for the NF Damier Azur MM to be in stock for a long time. To my shock, the date code read AR0241 which means it was made 4th week of 2021?! Which is like 2 weeks from now?? The accompanying pochette was MM sth.

So I texted one of my SAs working in the same store first thing in the morn today on 16 Jan and she said she has never encountered sth like this b4. So I brought it back to the store today and another SA whom I am familiar with attended to me. He said the date code didnt make sense to them so they checked other bags and according to him LV changed their date code logic to counter bags made by counterfeiters? I don't know how that logic works but anyway... Then I asked him if it is normal for the pochette to have a different date code from the tote? He looked at the pochette and said 'wow this date code doesn't make sense too'. Eventually I told him I'm uncomfortable accepting the bag and requested for him to order a new piece for me direct from France.

So I really don't know what on earth happened? Has anyone encountered sth similar? Or is it true that LV is changing the date code logic? I really don't know because I bought another LV baby in December 2020 from that same store and that date code made sense.

Look forward to all of your comments. Thanks!!

Ps: Posted the date code for your viewing

Attachments

• IMG-20210116-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20210116-WA0001.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 64
@LVKay I have seen on one of the fb groups I go on that a lady posted this pic of the date code in her SLG and it reads ST5221 which would obviously (normally) mean the 52nd week of 2021. I don’t know if they have changed their date code formula or if it’s a mistake. As far as I know, LV have always denied the meaning previously anyway but we all know what they meant!

. BD1AF9D4-0443-4C4D-A09B-D5B3C9E8228D.jpeg

I just received my Empreinte Pochette Métis yesterday. I knew it was a made in USA bag, since the leather tag didn’t say “made in” but didn’t find the fabric tag. I did find the paper card that stated it was made in the states. I guess this is the new thing. The date code on mine is 5th week of 21. I read about the other “only LV” scannable chips, but I thought the date codes are suppose to be going away at that point. it will be interesting to see what members find in their new purchases as this year progresses.

Also bought speedyb25 mono...and it did not have the cloth tag as well but it did came with the small card made in usa of imported materials..im guessing this will be the new norm for all bag made in USA...

Reactions: jesse12345
Hi
Which bag was it? I'm going through the same thing myself ‍♀
Hi..since December I've now purchased the GM and Mm in Monogram and the Gm and mm in Azur. None of them had the tag. All purchased thru the LV website and made in the USA. Only thing i got saying made in Usa was the textile card. And of course the date code.