Second Chance Offer?

Hello, I'm really new to ebay and i need your help. I recently bid on a pair of shoes but i lost the auction. 20 minutes after the auction ended, I get an email saying that I have a second chance offer because the winner couldnt pull through with the transaction or the seller had a duplicate item. Now I dont want to purchase the item anymore. Does it mean I have to buy it or will I get a negative feedback? Thanks in advance

you do not have to accept.. 20 minute after?? that sounds like shill bidding to me.. they can't leave you feedback unless you accept..

It's not necessarily shill bidding. I have had buyers e-mail me after an auction ended and give me some sort of explanation as to why they can't follow through with the transaction. Of course, I'm not usually happy about it, but you can't really do much other than try to get your Ebay fees back.

In the past, I've found that a second chance offer is made very quickly when a seller realizes they got more than they expected on the original auction and they'd like to do as well on an identical item they have. I generally decline and end up finding the same item for less in a future auction.

In the past, I've found that a second chance offer is made very quickly when a seller realizes they got more than they expected on the original auction and they'd like to do as well on an identical item they have. I generally decline and end up finding the same item for less in a future auction.

Same here!!!! BUT......I have gone through with it occassionally only if the item is hard to come by and I reeeally wanted it!!! ;)

Nope, it's your right to choose to click Buy It Now in 2nd chance offer page or not beside it, such a shill bidding if seller come to you within 20 minutes :shrugs:

Ooh, other have mentioned it, yes , agree with above, sounding liike a shill bidding