How have the Rock vinyl bags been holding up? I'm concerned!

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I've completely fallen for this plastic bag haha. I like the medium size. I do feel it's waaay too expensive for a vinyl bag but with the Saks EGC coming up this week, I am thinking maybe it won't be so bad. My mother is doing a very large purchase over $3000 which means I can have $450 to spend. The bag with the discount would be like $1385 tax included. Is that too much for vinyl? Someone told me these Rock bags are very easily scratchable and if it bumped a corner it would rip.

What do you think? :confused1:

Also, do you think this vinyl patent leather look will only be in for a season or two? I don't have any Chanel bags yet and I really want one, but I am thinking maybe I should hold off until I can afford a gorgeous leather one.

^ Oh that's good to hear! I will try and go find that link. But yeah if anyone else who has been wearing the bag can offer their opinion, that would be great. Thanks!!!

Bump again.

I am still kind of toying with the idea of the small Rock flap. It's "only" $1195 and I think it could be just a fun bag for when I didn't want anything too serious. Im just not sure how long I'd use it so I am hesitant.

I tried the black large flap tote on at NM this weekend and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I think I'm going to reconsider, but I also decided I'm in love with the jumbo flaps now. Uh oh! :crybaby:

Ok So i have the medium sized Rock flap ( the one photographed the most) in black and have been using it almmost everyday for 2-3 weeks changing everynow and then for evening, etc.....and I AM IN LOVE!!! The bag holds up great *knocks on wood* and I am NOT one who babies my bags. It looks great and in the rain, or out at bars etc I am not worried as much of spills or getting it wet. Its a perfect everyday bag IMO, and I am so happy i bought it bc i was literally in the store for like an hour trying to decide if i should get it bc i was afraid of ripping it, but now its all i wear

Ok So i have the medium sized Rock flap ( the one photographed the most) in black and have been using it almmost everyday for 2-3 weeks changing everynow and then for evening, etc.....and I AM IN LOVE!!! The bag holds up great *knocks on wood* and I am NOT one who babies my bags. It looks great and in the rain, or out at bars etc I am not worried as much of spills or getting it wet. Its a perfect everyday bag IMO, and I am so happy i bought it bc i was literally in the store for like an hour trying to decide if i should get it bc i was afraid of ripping it, but now its all i wear

AWESOME! Thank you so much for posting this, I'm really excited now. I think that's what I'm going to get at the Saks EGC event -even though I'm SUPPOSED to be on a ban :crybaby:

So you think it would be good for everyday? And what about vinyl going out of style? Do you think I could get at least 2 seasons use out of it? :sweatdrop:

I have been wearing it everyday, bc its not small and its vinyl I feel like its more on the casual side, and funky. IT looks cute with jeans and flip flops as well as with my work clothes, and there have been times where my hands have been completely full and i used it messenger style;)....I'm hoping to get alot of use out of mine at least two seasons, people are still wearing their vinyl coco cabas's so hopefully it will last like that style. I love it, I say go for it!! ITs "cheap" compared to their other bags:sweatdrop:

The brooklyn is supposed to be the leather version of this bag, but I'm not a fan of patchwork leather. IMO the rock definately looks better but still pricey at $1695 for the medium size.

The brooklyn is supposed to be the leather version of this bag, but I'm not a fan of patchwork leather. IMO the rock definately looks better but still pricey at $1695 for the medium size.

Oh so they ARE making the exact style in leather!? Because I had asked my SA and she had no clue and I absolutely love the style with the quiiting on the side and then the big flap!!!! When does the leather one come out?!?!