Speedy Bags Look a Likes....

donnydp

Vanessa_CA
Jun 21, 2007
I went shopping for clothes today at New York & Company and spotted some handbags they had there. I thought they were speedy copycats....Yuk!:yucky: They costs for $30.

Attachments

• speedy copycat - black.jpg
    speedy copycat - black.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,215
  • speedy copycat -brown.jpg
    speedy copycat -brown.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,153
I don't think it looks like the LV Speedy. However, the Speedy isn't even EXCLUSIVE to LV. Dozens of other designers have had bags in that shape, some pre-LV Speedy and some post-LV Speedy so I don't think they were trying to emulate the Speedy or anything else. And I think that even LV got their "Speedy" concept from The French Company (who used to make their bags and luggage), but correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not really an LV enthusiast, so what I know about the Speedy may be minimal at best. If anything, it resembles the Dior Boston Bag.

Actually, every designer (high-end or not-so-high end) has a "speedy look-a-like". Gucci, Prada, Burberry, Coach... just to name a few. The "speedy" shape is a very common style bag; just like the satchels, hobos etc. I don't think the shape/style of a bag is exclusive to any one designer. If it was, we wouldn't see hobo styles from every designer.
But it would definitely be fun to post pics of all bags that look like the speedy in this thread....

Actually, every designer (high-end or not-so-high end) has a "speedy look-a-like". Gucci, Prada, Burberry, Coach... just to name a few. The "speedy" shape is a very common style bag; just like the satchels, hobos etc. I don't think the shape/style of a bag is exclusive to any one designer. If it was, we wouldn't see hobo styles from every designer.
But it would definitely be fun to post pics of all bags that look like the speedy in this thread....
HHhmmmm, never thought about that until I saw some bags on the Coach and Dooney & Bourke websites. Thanks for the info. :smile:

Coach Sig Stripe Satchel:

11102_BKHMA-2_d2.jpg

Fendi Forever Sequined Borsa:

NMV027Q_mn.jpg

Forever Fendi Satchel:

NMV027R_mn.jpg

Gucci Britt Leather Medium Boston:

NMV02R5_mn.jpg

Yea different brands carry similar shapes, although I would never buy that, it serves as a nice alternative to those who do not have or want to spend $600+ on a bag (in reference to the New York & Comp bag).

I don't think it looks like the LV Speedy. However, the Speedy isn't even EXCLUSIVE to LV. Dozens of other designers have had bags in that shape, some pre-LV Speedy and some post-LV Speedy so I don't think they were trying to emulate the Speedy or anything else. And I think that even LV got their "Speedy" concept from The French Company (who used to make their bags and luggage), but correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not really an LV enthusiast, so what I know about the Speedy may be minimal at best. If anything, it resembles the Dior Boston Bag.
Actually, LV introduced the Speedy a couple of decades before the French Company was even founded. However, the French Company continues to manufacture a Speedy-shaped bag in their own fabrics to this very day.

Actually, LV introduced the Speedy a couple of decades before the French Company was even founded. However, the French Company continues to manufacture a Speedy-shaped bag in their own fabrics to this very day.

I've seen their speedy-type bags. I think they're cute, especially the solid black ones.