I faded my LV stamp -no big deal?

donnydp

Vanessa_CA
Jun 21, 2007
I bought a new damier azur accesories pouch. I noticed the leather imprint where it says "Louis Vuitton Paris made in U.S.A." was dirty and rubbed off the dirt w/ baby wipes. The dirt came off and part of the imprint, " Louis Vuitton Paris made in U.S.A." came off as well. :crybaby:Do you think it's a big issue to worry about or should I just enjoy my bag? When I wear the pouch, you can't see the imprint anyways. :confused1:

Ya I agree! I'm wondering too because I've used babywipes on the stamp area too, but the imprint's still there.... unless you rubbed REALLLLLLY hard...
I rubbed hard enough to get the dirt off, the dirt did come off and so did the imprint. With this new bag, the imprint on it is kinda' light, including that red glaze on the straps of the bag too. Oh well I'll just have to enjoy my bag, no one knows except for me. :yes: I'll wait till' the leather darkens.

red glaze on the straps? :confused1: where?

I rubbed hard enough to get the dirt off, the dirt did come off and so did the imprint. With this new bag, the imprint on it is kinda' light, including that red glaze on the straps of the bag too. Oh well I'll just have to enjoy my bag, no one knows except for me. :yes: I'll wait till' the straps darkens.

Baby wipes are known to fade screening/patterns if they're rubbed too hard on the surface. This is a warning to all baby wipes users!! (I think the alcohol free ones are MUCH better...maybe less risky)