My Plomb Brief w/ GGH arrived 5 min. ago from Fed Ex! Barneys sent the RIGHT one!!

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I had ordered this from Barneys in Chicago and 8 days later I finally got it. I am shocked that the guy actually sent out the right one. First when I opened it, I got scared for a sec cuz it looked like Anthracite in the light but nope! It's Plomb!!! I really like it and I think the leather is actually one of the nicer leathers I have seen for the Plomb except it does feel a little dry. If I decide to keep her, I hear you girls mention moisturizer a lot on the board. What exact one do you use?

Anyway I really do like it but I do think I am more in love with the Day style and with that I may just go ahead and return everything and just get the Plomb SGH Day from BalNY.

I took photos though and I took a side by side photo with the Black SGH Brief I also have that I was waiting to make a decision on. I must say the leather on the Black one blows every other leather from this season out of the water. The Plomb leather can't even touch it. Oh well. What do you think though??? :smile:

plomb1.jpg

plomb2.jpg

plomb3.jpg

plomb4.jpg

plomb5.jpg

Personally I like plomb with silver the best, it's edgy and fun but not as stark as black with silver. And the plomb leather is exceptionally nice, I haven't seen a bad one yet.

Personally I like plomb with silver the best, it's edgy and fun but not as stark as black with silver. And the plomb leather is exceptionally nice, I haven't seen a bad one yet.

Yeah like I have mentioned before, I still have yet to see the Plomb with Silver IN PERSON. But I really think I am gonna take the chance and order that combo in the Day from BalNY. I can't seem to find that bag in any department store unfortunately. But after seeing it with the Gold and then seeing the Silver on the Black, I think the SGH is the way to go.

Wow am I a confused girl with all these bags and colors and hardwares!!! :nogood:

oh wow! I agree with the others, the Black SGH definitely stands out more than the plomb... you should keep that one or get the Black Day SGH... now I think I might just put SGH back on my list... by the way... do you find Plomb a little dull though???

I can't believe you have the Day Apple Green from 2005, that color such a hit to me !! Do you like it ? I would love to see the pics :graucho::drool:.I am envy you...ha ha

I absolutely ADORE my Apple Green Day. It was the first Balenciaga I bought. The color is sooooo adorable and matches so many things you wouldn't think that it could. I will take some pictures when I have some time. Yeah if you could find an Apple Balenciaga, you should definitely get it. I saw one on ebay last week actually :P

oh wow! I agree with the others, the Black SGH definitely stands out more than the plomb... you should keep that one or get the Black Day SGH... now I think I might just put SGH back on my list... by the way... do you find Plomb a little dull though???

I haven't seen the new Black SGH Days!!! Have you?!? Is the leather way better on it then the ones from S/S? Because I had bought a Black GGH Day from the S/S collection and returned it because the leather was horrific. Thin, veiny and marbly. If it's anything like the leather on the Brief then I would consider that too! I just love the Day style so much.

And regarding Plomb being dull, I really don't think it is. In person I think the color is beautiful. It may look dull in pix though.

I haven't seen the new Black SGH Days!!! Have you?!? Is the leather way better on it then the ones from S/S? Because I had bought a Black GGH Day from the S/S collection and returned it because the leather was horrific. Thin, veiny and marbly. If it's anything like the leather on the Brief then I would consider that too! I just love the Day style so much.

And regarding Plomb being dull, I really don't think it is. In person I think the color is beautiful. It may look dull in pix though.

so you mean you're gona keep the black brief or get the day??? sorry kinda confused :confused1:... yea I've seen the day with SGH... it was a distant look though but it "looked" really gorgeous! maybe next time I see the girl I ask her for a closer look! LOL!!! it was very tempting to ask her though! :rolleyes: she must've just come back from overseas to have the day with SGH...

would you describe the plomb as a dark gunmetal grey though??? I recently cancelled my Plomb PT SGH coz I saw the city IRL and the SGH didnt really "connect" for me LOL! after wanting it for sooo long.... was rather disappointed... but after seeing your pics again, I really dunno now...:shrugs:.... so hard when theres no stores here that stock Bbags!!!

so you mean you're gona keep the black brief or get the day??? sorry kinda confused :confused1:... yea I've seen the day with SGH... it was a distant look though but it "looked" really gorgeous! maybe next time I see the girl I ask her for a closer look! LOL!!! it was very tempting to ask her though! :rolleyes: she must've just come back from overseas to have the day with SGH...

would you describe the plomb as a dark gunmetal grey though??? I recently cancelled my Plomb PT SGH coz I saw the city IRL and the SGH didnt really "connect" for me LOL! after wanting it for sooo long.... was rather disappointed... but after seeing your pics again, I really dunno now...:shrugs:.... so hard when theres no stores here that stock Bbags!!!

Haha I know it's kinda confusing when I have been purchasing so many bags purposely for decision making. They have all just been sitting in my room as I have not worn them out of course because I am returning all but one when I finally choose haha. I got the Black SGH Brief and now this Plomb GGH Brief and I was looking at the two together to make a decision. What I really wanted though was the Plomb GGH DAY but I found out from the actual manufacturer in France, that that combo was not made at all for the F/W collection. Who knows why. So anyway because I like the Day style so much, I figured I should just get the Plomb with the SGH in that since that one is made. These Briefs were originally not even something I wanted. I just got em to see colors but now I am starting to like the style. They are a tad heavy though.

The Plomb is definitely the color of lead. A very very dark grey with black and blue undertones. It definitely looks like a faded black and then sometimes an extremely dark navy. Then in some light, it definitely looks grey. It's just an awesome color.