Change in the Ball bag design

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
In the Chicago BV store today, the SA showed me the new Ball bag. Rather than the leather being continuous from the body to the handle, the new ones have rings with a leather strip for the shoulder strap--it's probably 2-3 thicknesses of leather and very comfortable. It just looks odd after seeing the other design for so long. The interior is different too--not divided like it was; there's a removable zipped section and when you pull it out, the interior is open.

The toggle baguette is slightly larger now too (along with a higher price (about $750).

Unfortunately my cellphone is ancient and doesn't take pics. Honestly can't recall the price. I was still reeling from an ostrich Cabat in Magnolia that he showed me--$21,280 or something close. I'm surprised he let me touch it.

Are the rings on the new ball bag the woven ones like the Sloane has?

No, they are metal. If I recall (should've written all this down), they were the rings with the criss-cross markings/engraving, gold color.

Marly, I prefer the new style--more comfortable on my shoulder. The top of the strap has some woven detail, too. I don't have a ball bag so I don't know how convenient the compartments are; the new style has a very different interior--open, with the removable pouch that zips.

OMG, a larger toggle baguette!!! I love that bag and always wish it was slightly larger so I could use it more than just an evening bag!!! Boxermom, what colors did they have available? Carmino? Please please please...

OMG, a larger toggle baguette!!! I love that bag and always wish it was slightly larger so I could use it more than just an evening bag!!! Boxermom, what colors did they have available? Carmino? Please please please...

just throwing in my little info. . . I actually just got the old Ball bag in black yesterday, I thought I would have forever to get it but with the redesign I wanted to make sure I had one in the old style so took the plunge. I do love it, just feeling a tad guilty over unexpected splurge. I spoke with Ana the BV shopper and according to her the redesigned Ball with the rings will be coming out in Carmino but it is not available yet, it will be the 'Fall' although she didn't give me a specific time frame. It is such a yummy red! (:heart: I want it, too!)