The Hamptons

ccgoddess

Aug 22, 2006
My friend and I will attend the Mercedes Benz Polo Challenge. Any ideas about what to wear and specifically which bag to take? Is it a more casual event or do I have to dress like VB to make an entrance or Pretty Woman? Specifically, which Hermes bag would be fit for a polo match?

Hmm...I haven't been to the Polo match before, but I think my step-sister has been. Do you want me to ask her? Generally, the Hamptons is more dressed-down (think beach casual) than the city. But over the past 10 years, as it's gotten more shi-shi (sp? :shrugs:), I've started to see more and more people dressing up to go out. Personally, I always like to be slightly underdressed, but I'm just weird that way :upsidedown:.

That's a great idea to use wireimage! I was thinking about the outfit first then adding and an Hermes bag. I would need to look around first in my closet. I did buy a nice Prada dress in cobalt blue maybe I can wear that or maybe it's more of a Ralph Lauren event. I'm unsure since I've never been to a polo match. Abbyroad do ask your sister about the event. I'm not sure if its all decked out or beach casual. Of course, I plan to add an Hermes bag. I don't personally own any Hermes bags myself but my friend is a collector and I would borrow hers since I did give her a Chanel for Christmas. LOL;)

Hmm...I haven't been to the Polo match before, but I think my step-sister has been. Do you want me to ask her? Generally, the Hamptons is more dressed-down (think beach casual) than the city. But over the past 10 years, as it's gotten more shi-shi (sp? :shrugs:), I've started to see more and more people dressing up to go out. Personally, I always like to be slightly underdressed, but I'm just weird that way :upsidedown:.
I recall pics on the New York Social Diary that showed ladies wearing pretty day/sun dresses. A Garden Party bag or Kelly would be great! They were wearing hats also as I recall. Go take a look at the site and you can find last year's pics.