quick question...

angellisa

O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
Did Coach ever make keychains with the Mickey Mouse character? I see some on eBay, but I can't tell if they are fake or not. Maybe I haven't been a Coach fan long enough to know if/when they came out. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all of your help!

I thought they were fake, but I wasn't sure. I was on eBay and meant to type in "coach monkey" to see any cute monkey keychains, and I accidentally wrote mickey, and those popped up. LOL.

:smile:

Last year I bought an owl keychain off ebay from CHINA, and it LOOKED very real and the seller advertised it as authentic, etc...well...being naive as I did not know about this wonderful forum yet, I bought it!!! It was sooooooooo fake....the siggy belly of the owl was ORANGE siggy, not khaki and I had thought they came in different colors b/c the same seller had owls w/ pink bellys, yellow belly's, etc.!!!! I NEVER used it and have it hanging on a hook on my refrigerator to remind myself how naive I was!!!!

Last year I bought an owl keychain off ebay from CHINA, and it LOOKED very real and the seller advertised it as authentic, etc...

Ha, me too! I bought a keychain with all colors of lozenges and at the time I knew it probably wasn't real but I still wanted it. It was my keychain until I got my new Legacy stripe heart fob, and boy the difference!

The biggest difference to me is the tiny tag, Coach is perfect compared to the fakes which are "messy", for lack of a better term. And there's a certain sound, fakes with multiple metal pieces sound tinny or something, heh. Glass vs. crystal :yes:

I got a few fake ones several years ago before I knew how to tell the counterfeits. I also had the multi-lozenge one, a sig heart and a sig flower. When I look at them now, I can't believe what I was thinking! They're horrible! :yucky:

Ha, me too! I bought a keychain with all colors of lozenges and at the time I knew it probably wasn't real but I still wanted it. It was my keychain until I got my new Legacy stripe heart fob, and boy the difference!

The biggest difference to me is the tiny tag, Coach is perfect compared to the fakes which are "messy", for lack of a better term. And there's a certain sound, fakes with multiple metal pieces sound tinny or something, heh. Glass vs. crystal :yes:

YES EXACTLY!!! The word COACH on the tiny tag on the fake owl PEELED off!!!! LOLOLOL...and it has ONLY been hanging on my refrigerator!!! LOL..how pathetic is that??? LOL :yes:

.the siggy belly of the owl was ORANGE siggy, not khaki and I had thought they came in different colors b/c the same seller had owls w/ pink bellys, yellow belly's, etc.!!!! I NEVER used it and have it hanging on a hook on my refrigerator to remind myself how naive I was!!!!

Oh, my gosh!! I saw that owl w/the orange belly on e-bay awhile back and almost bought it...but thought, no, my daughter will like the tan one...(was buying it for her)!!! I have been educated now, because I bought a fake key chain just recently, and I'm sending it back to the seller. I should have posted it on the authenticate thread BEFORE I bought it!

I DID get an authentic watermelon key chain (one still on website) for a great price, but it was risky. I most likely will buy all at store or outlets from now on.:wlae: