Van Cleef alhambra DILEMMA...

SOLIDGOLD2

why yes, it was
Mar 7, 2007
I love the 19 inch pearl alhambra necklace but im not sure if i should get it because of the price 4k
i orginally tried it on at their store on 5th ave and liked it the sales woman told me there was going to be a price increase ( i had 2 days b4 the increase) but i didn't get it because i wasn't sure
but now the fact that it went up from 3700 to 4000 is stalling me im not sure why because it's only an extra 300 not including tax
Honestly im a purse lover and i have never had a problem spending that much on a bag but this will be the first time i spend it on a piece of jewelry.

i wonder if im making the right choice because it's not like im spending it on diamonds...

right now i am obsessing over it and think about it everyday and when i walk down the street i look to see if i spot any women with it...

so my question is ...is it really worth it?
i was thinking it could be my signature piece or is it just a " IN" thing right now?:confused1:

any thoughts would be great
thank you;)

hi! it is hot right now. i have to say that i read another forum and it has a good bit of popularity there. i personally don't like it that much and would not consider spending that much for it.

we all like something different and if it is something you thing you really have to have go for it. i hope you get some good advice from others here.

I love the Alhambra line (the 20 motif one is on my wish list!) and I think it's a great piece if you can afford it - it's one of VC&A's signature pieces.

I'm equal opportunity for spending when it comes to bags, shoes and jewelry though!

I'm sort of struggling with the same dilemma. I really want an Alhambra necklace, but hate paying so much for designer jewelry. You're basically paying for the name because the cost & materials for that necklace are so, so little. I suppose you can argue the same for other things, but for some reason, it really bothers me to pay for the name when it comes to jewelry.

It is a lovely piece, and I appreciate your concerns. Maybe it's one of those things you have to mull over for a little while before you reach a decision.

If it were me, though, and I could afford it, I would buy the necklace. I'd have it for the rest of my life and special jewelry isn't something that everyone has.

I'm sort of struggling with the same dilemma. I really want an Alhambra necklace, but hate paying so much for designer jewelry. You're basically paying for the name because the cost & materials for that necklace are so, so little. I suppose you can argue the same for other things, but for some reason, it really bothers me to pay for the name when it comes to jewelry.

So completely true. I have had most of my jewelry custom-made to avoid dealing with the extra expense of buying XYZ.

I love the 19 inch pearl alhambra necklace but im not sure if i should get it because of the price 4k
i orginally tried it on at their store on 5th ave and liked it the sales woman told me there was going to be a price increase ( i had 2 days b4 the increase) but i didn't get it because i wasn't sure
but now the fact that it went up from 3700 to 4000 is stalling me im not sure why because it's only an extra 300 not including tax
Honestly im a purse lover and i have never had a problem spending that much on a bag but this will be the first time i spend it on a piece of jewelry.

i wonder if im making the right choice because it's not like im spending it on diamonds...

right now i am obsessing over it and think about it everyday and when i walk down the street i look to see if i spot any women with it...

so my question is ...is it really worth it?
i was thinking it could be my signature piece or is it just a " IN" thing right now?:confused1:

any thoughts would be great
thank you;)

First do you have a photo?
My advice is that since the price has gone up already, you may as well take your time to decide. I too hate buying just after a price rise, especially one that you know just occurred!!!:crybaby:

I get the feeling you should consider other options for that money to see whether there are any other pieces with your name on it!

Ahh I absolutely LOVE the Alhambra collection. I think you should go for it, it's really hot right now. I only have the single motif pendant now, but am definitely thinking of getting more...:P