Keeping the CL Red Soles: Which is better?

Which is a better idea?

• Buying clear Foot Petals and doing it yourself.

• Buying red soles and taking it to the cobbler.

• Do nothing, just wear it!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

javaboo

What to wear?
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
After reading a few post on this subject. Which do you TPFers think is a better idea to protect your red soles?

1. Buying a bunch of clear Foot Petals to stick on yourself?

2. Buying red soles and taking them to a cobbler to have them put it on?

Pictures are from eBay or other threads I found on tpf:

41fbscd.jpg

OR

a1ae_1.JPG

i just bought three pairs of the red ones today. I've always done the clear foot petals but i totally prefer the red soles so i will be going to the cobbler soon

I say just wear them! I don't understand why many people want to preserve the entire red sole. The underside of the heel is really the only part that is visible when standing or walking anyway so why fret over the sole covering the ball of the foot? I just don't get it. Who cares? People will still see the red. Why worry about it? I apologize if I sound like a jerk. I don't mean to but I really don't understand this.

Lawchick: No, you don't sound mean you are entitle to your opinions.

I did try to wear a pair without doing anything to it but when I look at it, the sole looks kinda cardboard like and might not hold up so well after constant wear.

Has anyone tried the red rubber soles yet?

To OP: I honestly don't know what's better. So far, I've only worn my CLs to carpeted areas.
I'm going to do a "test-drive" on my older shoes (like doing the shoe goo w/ acrylic paint, clear duct-tapes, etc) and see if anything works.

I may be leaning slightly towards doing the red rubber soles because they also help prolong the life of the shoes.

I say just wear them! I don't understand why many people want to preserve the entire red sole. The underside of the heel is really the only part that is visible when standing or walking anyway so why fret over the sole covering the ball of the foot? I just don't get it. Who cares? People will still see the red. Why worry about it? I apologize if I sound like a jerk. I don't mean to but I really don't understand this.
I totally agree. just wear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.