Need some advice about selling please.

lovechloe

Jul 7, 2007
Hi all, I am selling a bag close to $1000 on ebay. I am realtively new in selling and would like some advice in terms of what to do to prevent being scamed.

I have a bid from someone only has 3 feedbacks, and the last transaction took place over 1 year ago. (I am not saying that's bad, just a possibility) In my listing, I did put ALL SALES ARE FINAL (meaning absolutely no returns). I also only ship to US addresses.

I would like to know if there is still any ways that I may possibliy get scamed; and if there are anything I should added to my listing to protect myself. I read about the confirmed paypal address in the forum. What does that do?

Also, what happen if the buyer files a claim that the item is defected or not the same as what I have in the listing etc. (when it is perfect when I ship it) and want their money back. Will paypal support the buyer? What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Thank you all so much in advance!

I am assuming that this listing is presently posted. This person with 3 feedbacks might not even win. Many people (including me) wait until the last minute to bid.

A confirmed paypal address means that the address provided on paypal is a legitimate address and you can send to that address with less worry. If the person has an unconfirmed address, then you don't know if it's a stolen Paypal account, etc. It's wise to put that you only ship to confirm addresses so that the bag doesn't go in the wrong hands.

If you feel more comfortable having a winning bidder with greater feedback, you might put a stipulation that he/she needs to have a certain amount of feedback or a limited amount of negative feedback and that you have the right to remove a bid if that bidder does not comply. Since it's such an expensive bag, you should require delivery insurance.

You should list every detail you can about the bag- pros and cons and try to provide as many pictures as possible. That eliminates any questions... especially since this is a final sale purchase. You want your bag to sell for as most as it can.

Your listing should state when you expect payment (if payment is not made within that time, they should contact you about payment so you can plan accordingly), what payments you accept (preferably only Paypal... Paypal is becoming a lot more protective for sellers), what form of delivery you plan on using, within what time frame you will mail the purse,...

If I can think of something else, I will let you know. That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope I helped and let me know if you have questions.

I am assuming that this listing is presently posted. This person with 3 feedbacks might not even win. Many people (including me) wait until the last minute to bid.

A confirmed paypal address means that the address provided on paypal is a legitimate address and you can send to that address with less worry. If the person has an unconfirmed address, then you don't know if it's a stolen Paypal account, etc. It's wise to put that you only ship to confirm addresses so that the bag doesn't go in the wrong hands.

If you feel more comfortable having a winning bidder with greater feedback, you might put a stipulation that he/she needs to have a certain amount of feedback or a limited amount of negative feedback and that you have the right to remove a bid if that bidder does not comply. Since it's such an expensive bag, you should require delivery insurance.

You should list every detail you can about the bag- pros and cons and try to provide as many pictures as possible. That eliminates any questions... especially since this is a final sale purchase. You want your bag to sell for as most as it can.

Your listing should state when you expect payment (if payment is not made within that time, they should contact you about payment so you can plan accordingly), what payments you accept (preferably only Paypal... Paypal is becoming a lot more protective for sellers), what form of delivery you plan on using, within what time frame you will mail the purse,...

If I can think of something else, I will let you know. That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope I helped and let me know if you have questions.

Thank you so much for your response! I added one more question to my original posting. I would like to know what happy if the buyer files a false claims. For example, if the buyer claims that the bag was defected when in fact it was in perfect new condition when I sent it. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Will paypal automaticlly side with the buyers when they file such claims? Thank you!

^In that case, you should take very detailed pictures (maybe even using the date setting on your camera) to show what the condition is like. From there, it will be easier to prove the condition your bag was in before it was sent out.

I have never had a buyer file a false claim so that is hard for me to answer. The best thing you can do is list every detail about the bag and post all pictures that you can. That is your proof. Paypal will not automatically side with the buyer. If they filed a claim, the process can take weeks. Paypal will want both sides of the story. It's in Paypal interests to serve sellers and buyers. Plus, you need to make sure that you package the purse very well. I would use FedEx or UPS to handle the package.

By the way, you are my first post (besides my introduction). Today is my first day in the forum. Kind of exciting. I like to help. Let me know if you have more questions.

I have never had a buyer file a false claim so that is hard for me to answer. The best thing you can do is list every detail about the bag and post all pictures that you can. That is your proof. Paypal will not automatically side with the buyer. If they filed a claim, the process can take weeks. Paypal will want both sides of the story. It's in Paypal interests to serve sellers and buyers. Plus, you need to make sure that you package the purse very well. I would use FedEx or UPS to handle the package.

By the way, you are my first post (besides my introduction). Today is my first day in the forum. Kind of exciting. I like to help. Let me know if you have more questions.

Thank you so much! I am also new to this forum. I am really enjoying it. Hope you will too!

You can add a tag to the bag stating that the buyer should get the bag authenticated with the tag still attached and if it is removed for any reason then you will not except a return.

there is a thread about this but I don't remember where... I just saw it a few days ago... I'll try and find it or maybe someone else knows.