Tarnished MJ hardware??

monablu

Dream Catcher
Mar 25, 2006
ok all you MJ fanatics - I need some help. As some of you know, I am FINALLY cleaning out my closets and I was looking at my old MJ bag and was really saddened to see that all the hardware has a really brassy kind of tarnish going on. I only have this one MJ so I don't know much about it, and it is totally worn from a couple of years ago so taking it back is way out of the question.

Will it polish off if I take it to the cleaners or is there something that you use to get it to be shiny again? THANKS! :rolleyes:

have you tried just shining it with a cloth?
i haven't had that problem yet, but some people use "brasso" on the hardware of their LV bags... it might be worth a try.
good luck!

My multipocket did this under the buckles...just used a silver polishing cloth and it came right up. It looked pretty nasty and I panicked when I first saw it but it shine up beautifully!
Good luck
Selena

Reviving this thread...have any of you found dark grey spots on the brass hardware? Will "Brasso" work and how do you apply it exactly? Where can I get it? I tried a silver polishing cloth but it did nothing.

Anyone have problems w/ the buckles on your MJ bag 'sticking' - not releasing easily?? I'm having major quality issues w/ my MJ bag that i bought a couple of years ago from eLux =(.