Am I a RACIST?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2007
Okay I just need to hear some opinions because this has been bothering me for years. :sad: I am a white american if it matters at all.

Basically I have an asian fetish. Japanese, chinese, korean, taiwanese, fiipino, singapore pretty much covers what I mean when I say asian. But its not even really a looks "preference" which is perfectly normal for anyone. I do think looks are personality have an equal importance in a relationship. Anyway, I pretty much will only date/ hook up/ show an interest in Asian men. If they are not asian I make the freinds only line very visable. Men of other ethnicities have asked me out or tried to hook up and I wont even give them the time of day, even if all my friends are drooling over him and saying how hot he is. When I say I think David beckham is ugly people nearly die. I am on a dating site and when someoen sends a message If they are not asian (which is alot) i dont even read it because 99.9% chance I know Ill take one look and go "eww". The non asian men I found remotely attractive in my life is a grand total of 5. This fetish of mine is permenent and its not even concious. I dont go "ew no your not asian" but unconsciously I think "i would never date or have sex with that guy" or "ew hes ugly" and sometimes they are asian and sometimes not but all the ones Im like "ohhhhh baby :graucho:" turn out to be asian.

I dont really think Im racist. I didnt wake up one day and decide I will only like asian men, I just do. I think all races are equal and I dont see color when it comes to friends, or business, or anything except dating/sex/marriage. If you asked what race a particular person was I would have to stop and think for a moment. I have a problem with racial stereotypes and all that stuff. I feel uncomfortable to using racial terms like white, asian etc. but there is no other way to say it. But my friends always call me shallow, and racist whenever it comes up. It makes me feel horrible sometimes but like I said, I have to be attracted to someone, i cant go on personality alone and asian men just fit my profile of attractive and I cant really help that.

Well considering from your location, I don't think you have much choice. I am the total opposite of you. For the most part, I don't find asian men attractive unless they are mixed with some other nationality. Everything is an individual choice. You like what you like. I don't think it makes you racist. BTW, I don't find David Beckham attractive either.

Well considering from your location, I don't think you have much choice. I am the total opposite of you. For the most part, I don't find asian men attractive unless they are mixed with some other nationality. Everything is an individual choice. You like what you like. I don't think it makes you racist. BTW, I don't find David Beckham attractive either.

My location is (partially) a result of it LOL.

No, you don't sound like a racist, but personally, I've never thought too highly of race/ethnicity fetishists (that's just me).

No you are not racist bc you are not being mean to other ppl or denying them something (other than you). Me myself, the sight of an Asian man makes me want to vomit, and I'm scared of seeing white boys naked...
Some things thought are best kept to oneself. :rolleyes:

You're not racist. You just have a preference. I use to think that I would never (I didn't exclude them, just didn't meet many and had many other ethnical bf's that were non-asian) date a Asian Male (I'm mixed - and I grew up in a very Western environment and the thought of a traditional Asian family scares me - They can be very judgemental). However, I am now dating an Asian male who is extremely attractive (I suppose it's also because he doesn't look like a "typical asian male") and has a wonderful personality. The first and only Asian Male I have ever dated and the only man I believe I've ever loved. Sure, he's "white washed like me :P" but he totally swep me off my feet.

Well it does, my friend is from Thailand and she has tainted my mind with all of these awful stories about Asian guys. So I get queesy every time I see one!

Well, I think kind of the same thing about indian guys. As a result of so many of them acting creepy towards me, gestures, comments, etc.:cursing: I see one and I look the other way to avoid a possible confrontation and sexual harassment. Actually the other day 2 indian guys were sitting across from me on the train and making gestures, I had to go to a different car. Its only happened with the indians raised in india, whom are living in Japan.

I don't think you're a racist as long as you're not treating other ethnic groups badly as a result. I happen to have a preference for tall men with dark hair and I see your preference as no different. I think that whatever blows up your skirt, as long as it's not hurting others, is OK.

Many people have a preference. Some men like to date women of a certain body type, hair color and so on, and you are only carrying it a little bit further than that.

I don't know how old you are, but the older you get liking/disliking certain stereotypical faces/forms or physiques changes and you develop some variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.