Monogram with brown leather.

The cross-grain leather handles and trim that was used on the Papillon 30 and 26 are no longer in production. I believe that style of leather was discontinued in 2002.

Very vintage LVs had a lighter treated leather - Saks 5th Avenue items, French Company items...

The cross-grain leather handles and trim that was used on the Papillon 30 and 26 are no longer in production. I believe that style of leather was discontinued in 2002.

Very vintage LVs had a lighter treated leather - Saks 5th Avenue items, French Company items...

Thank you very much.

I bought a mono bag recently from a consignment shop with a date code that specifies 2002 production. Was there a certain colored thread used for the handles during that time?

i thought they are only using it on the damier...didn't know that it may have been used with the mono too...

The Damier has the chocolate-brown cross-grain or smooth leather

Some Mono items have had a number of leather changes over the years

I know that the papilion in mono canvas used the cross-grain leather but I believe they discontinued that along time ago... i think aside from the older bags, you will only find vachetta on the mono and either smooth or cross-grain leather on the damier (ebene)

I havea pap 24 with choco leather straps and a dark brown leather on the inside. It also has a brass plate witha mongram name. It is very old. I wish Lv would re introduce the older styles from the 1970's and 80 with the quality/ And forget this trendy overpriced merchandise.

I havea pap 24 with choco leather straps and a dark brown leather on the inside. It also has a brass plate witha mongram name. It is very old. I wish Lv would re introduce the older styles from the 1970's and 80 with the quality/ And forget this trendy overpriced merchandise.

Sounds interesting... can you please post pics? I love to see it!