What are your thoughts on the modern chain, generally? Is it so edgy that it takes

leem

O.G.
Dec 18, 2006
away from the classic appeal of "Chanel"? I want all of my Chanel purchases to last me for several years and I don't know how this one will stand the test of time. (Still awaiting my glazed calfskin brown tote)

I don't think it will last forever, but it's not so edgy IMO that it won't last a very long time.
They made it in a beutiful leather and in classic colors. It just walks along the border of edgy IMO.

I definitely think you can get a few years out of it, especially the tote. I just got the black glazed caviar tote MC and use it practically everyday! I'll probably continue to use it until it dies, which since its a Chanel will probably not be anytime soon :smile:

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'm not sure which one it is. I think it is an e/w tote--but I am going on the advice of a super sweet SA who is sending it to me. I don't think I will get it until tomorrow, though. Drives me crazy!

This E/W is soo pretty. The leather is TDF! I saw it at Tyson chanel boutique in VA. You'll love it! I really like the glazed leather more than the original. I'm glad I waited, otherwise, I would have been mad when the fall 2007 bags came out...

The MC is unusual, but not necessarily edgy, IMO. It's not so odd looking that it will not look good for a very long time. Prada's fringe bag is an example of a bag that is edgy and may not stand the test of time.

The MC is unusual, but not necessarily edgy, IMO. It's not so odd looking that it will not look good for a very long time. Prada's fringe bag is an example of a bag that is edgy and may not stand the test of time.

ITA. The MC looks like Chanel with a nice little "twist" to me. I don't think it will ever go out of style.

I don't really think about the classic appeal or how long will it last (in fashion speaking). But I would consider it on how pretty it looks with me. And I think Modern Chain is beautifully gorgeous!

Leem,

I know what you mean by "edgy". I've been known to call this bag "motorcycle-chic". I have the black from last season and get tons of compliments on it. And believe me when I say that hardly anybody knows what Chanel is or even cares around here. So that is saying something.

Here are some close-up pics of the leather. It is really durable.
MCleather4.JPG
MCleather1.JPG

And some pics of how try to "feminize" her a little bit. I'm addicted to H twillies and am usually wearing one but when I don't I have one on my bag.

MCbridle.JPG
MC24F.JPG