Concert For Diana (NBC, VH1, BBC July 01)

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
From the official website:

Prince William and Prince Harry will mark the 10th anniversary of their mother’s death with an event to celebrate her life.

The Concert for Diana on 1st July 2007, which would have been Diana’s 46th birthday, will be one of the first events to take place in the new Wembley Stadium.

Concert for Diana website: http://www.concertfordiana.com/home/

Along with the charities supported by Diana proceeds from the concert will also benefit charities chosen by William and Harry.

The website makes it clear that while the concert is to celebrate Diana's life and it is not a fundraiser. Donations can be made to the charities by contacting them directly.

I think it is wonderful William and Harry are doing this to remember their mother, and I cannot wait to see it. (I wish I could see it live, but watching it on television is the next best thing. I would probably get a better view that way.)

Check out the Roster!

Performers:
  • Andrew Lloyd Webber
  • Bryan Ferry
  • Duran Duran
  • Elton John
  • English National Ballet
  • The Feeling
  • James Morrison
  • Lily Allen
  • Kanye West
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Natasha Bedingfield
  • P. Diddy
  • Orson
  • Rod Stewart
  • Pharrell Williams
  • Take That

Princes host pre-concert lunch

ITN - Saturday, June 30 11:58 am
Princes William and Harry are hosting a lunch for 100 youngsters ahead of their Concert for Diana on Sunday.
Sick children will be among the guests at the Wembley Stadium event, along with their parents and carers.
Some of the winners of the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Award, recognised for their courage and selflessness, have also been invited.
The party will take place at the Royal Reception Room at the new stadium and guests will get to watch one of the artists perform a sound check.
Lily Allen, Rod Stewart, Natasha Bedingfield, James Morrison and Sir Elton John are among the stars taking to the stage for the memorial gig tomorrow, which would have been the Princess's 46th birthday.
The Princes are putting on the celebration of their mother's life ten years after she died in a car crash.
(http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20070630/ten-princes-host-pre-concert-lunch-ea4616c.html)

It airs on BBC1 from 3.30 PM till 10.00 PM, I'm definitely gonna watch this!

I saw the interview with Prince William and Prince Harry last Friday on the BBC and I was thinking that Diana would be so proud of them. If only she could see them right now....
I've heard rumours about a special guest star. Could it be George Michael?? I hope so!

Oh, I hope it's George Michael, too!

I love that the boys are doing this. Diana would be so proud of them. They're having fun like normal young men, but they recognize the importance of charity work and helping other people. That's something Diana instilled in them.

God bless them for doing this.

(I also read that the Queen, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles and Camilla would also be attending. I don't know how the Queen and Phillip REALLY feel about attending, but it's a nice gesture on their part.)

I just thought of something: I doubt this would happen, but wouldn't it be cool if the special guest turned out to be the Spice Girls?

It would have been a possibility had Emma Bunton not been at full term with her pregancy.

"Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."

Diana ~ The Princess of Wales