Lanvin Kansas in suede?

Twinklette

Over*the*Rainbow
Feb 22, 2006
Would you guys buy the Lanvin Kansas in black suede, same as Reese Witherspoon? I live on the East Coast so we do get bad weather/snow/rain, would this be a bad investment due to the suede? It would be my main staple black bag IF I get it.

Reese.jpg

The bag is gorgeous and I adore it and would own it if I could justify spending that much $$... However: suede is suede. Don't fool yourself about its care. I bought one suede purse, a Ghurkha, and in a month it was ready for the garbage. Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear. If you are thinking, "Well, maybe Lanvin uses a special suede and it won't "wear" as badly..." well, don't think that! Just be prepared for heartbreak. And if anyone else has this bag and can attest to its strength -- go ahead, we're all waiting for your words!

I had this bag in sueded leather (the same one as Reese) and it was honestly the most fragile bag I'd ever owned. I eventually sold it because I could hardly carry it around the house without getting some kind of mark on it!!!

p.s. old thread!