Who has clemence love? Pics request of gold clemence.

Serenity Now

Insanity later
Feb 6, 2006
I've recently come to the realisation I have a thing for clemence. I like the softness and slight slouch, a kinda worn-in look, without actually being worn n torn. Kwim? Anyone else out there with an affinity for this leather?

The problem is, I wouldn't want a bag that in time will slouch to the ground in a heap. Do clemence owners find this? Particularly those of you with 35cm Birkins? I don't mind semi-slouch but it'll be hard for me to accept floppy.

Also, those of you with gold clemence bags, esp 35cm Birkins, I would very much appreciate pics if you have them.:flowers: Do you find the gold a bit dark? And how does it compare to gold togo and gold swift, for eg? I saw gold swift in the store and it was surprisingly a lot darker than I had imagined. I have gold togo on one side of a belt so I know what that's like. But I don't know or can't remember if I've seen gold in clemence IRL.

SN, here's an old photo of my 35cm Clemence. It is kept upright in my closet with a bit of the bubble plastic it came with and so far no droopy Clemence, although you definitely have the batwings. I find that Gold Clemence appears darker to me than Gold Swift; it has a bit of a red undertone to it. Here are also some helpful links, including one with my own dilemma. :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/is-the-color-gold-darkest-in-clemence-90770.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/calling-all-35cm-clemence-owners-87275.html?highlight=clemence

attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG2579.jpg
    CIMG2579.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 245
I love Clemence too!!!! My black Clemence 30cm doesn't slouch very much but I keep it stuffed upright in my armoire with a travel-size down pillow inside.

Don't know about the color gold since mine is in Togo but I'd bet that gold in Clemence is a deeper, richer color! I find the black is like INK!!!! Really, really black! I LOVE it!!!!!

.....just took a look at your links, ORCHIDS and yep! There's Gold Clemence looking deep, rich and LUSCIOUS!!!!

I've recently come to the realisation I have a thing for clemence. I like the softness and slight slouch, a kinda worn-in look, without actually being worn n torn. Kwim? Anyone else out there with an affinity for this leather?

The problem is, I wouldn't want a bag that in time will slouch to the ground in a heap. Do clemence owners find this? Particularly those of you with 35cm Birkins? I don't mind semi-slouch but it'll be hard for me to accept floppy.

Me, too! Love, love, love clemence... My 35 is pretty slouchy...one might even say more slouchy than semi-slouchy... : )

Wow, your clemence Birkin is gorgeous, Orchids!!! It looks fairly light on my pc tho but I would imagine that's the flash? So, it would be more a dark camel appearance, yes? I'm off to check out those links you provided. Thanks very much!!!

Ooh, thanks D and SoCal for your input as well! I too love black in clemence. I played around with a Lindy in this combo and thought although it didn't quite make the Lindy for me (prefered swift leather for this style bag) it was a be-yooot-tiful dark black!

Thanks Jag & Shopmom!

SN, dark camel is an apt description; however the stole next to the Birkin is definitely more of a true camel. The gold in Clemence has that tiny bit of red to it. Gold in Togo was my first choice, but when this came in and I got the input from the gals, I couldn't refuse.

Here is a really helpful post by gigi leung!!! HTH!!!!

Many people have found Togo and Taurillon Clemence ( both are calf leathers) to be very similar.

Togo is made from adult bull. Taurillon Clemence is made from baby bull.

Taurillon Clemence is softer, smoother to touch & thicker than Togo. The leather surface also look more matte & the grains are less bumpy.

Here's a pic of Gold Clemence vs Gold Togo
flowers.gif

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/pokemart/Hermes%20Bags/3fc01e29.jpg

attachment.php

Love it!!! Thanks again, Orchids! Jag, that pic shows just why I love clemence. The matte, softer look! I like togo too but I find the slight sheen and more rounded texture of the "blobs" a little "new" looking, if you get what I mean. Feels like I have to really wear it in with togo. But I dunno when it comes to gold, whether I prefer the togo gold or the slight red undertones and darker shade of clemence.

I have seen both IRL, and they are both gorgeous (I know, i am useless) BUT with that being said, if you like the more matte look, then clemence is totally your baby! You cannot go wrong.

Any color, no matter what, in clemence in a non rigid H style, always.....leaves me weak.

I :heart: clemence and much prefer it to togo, which I often find rough and stiff as compared to the soft soupleness of clemence.

Orchids, your Birkin is really beautiful.

I love clemence too! I've only had my JPG chocolate clemence for a few days, but I can already see that it slouchies and the bottom sags and almost touching surfaces (the little feets won't pervent that). I guess I'll have to remember to check all surfaces before placing Mr. JPG down.