How to open magic box - please help!

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
Last time I was in Budapest, I purchased a very cute wooden box.

The only way to open it is to slide various panels in a specific order. The second to last move reveals a key. The last move reveals the key hole.

I hid an important paper in the box that I now need.

But I can't remember how to open the box! :noggin:

Can anyone help me?

SUPER THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Lol, I know the boxes you're taking about, but I'm sorry I'm not any help. Not to laugh at your misfortune, but that definitely made me chuckle... I could SO see myself doing that. I really hope there's someone who can help you out on there though!

You slide the piece in the middle to the right until it stops, then slide the entire side down till it stops and I think you repeat that step 2 times, then the middle piece has to be pushed back in until it stops and slide the side down, KWIM? Your objective is to get the side open which reveals the little drawer.

You slide the piece in the middle to the right until it stops, then slide the entire side down till it stops and I think you repeat that step 2 times, then the middle piece has to be pushed back in until it stops and slide the side down, KWIM? Your objective is to get the side open which reveals the little drawer.

Tried your advice. Basically worked! My box is a bit different but your advice to repeat steps did the trick.

Thanks, IrishGal!