Pls. Advise this LV Collector Newbie

hanagirl

* H Addict *
Jun 25, 2007
I recently bought my very first LV bag. A Damier Speedy 30. What can I say? I'm totally hooked! I wish to collect more! I could only drool over the pictures you have here.

My friend advised me to start with the classic designs first, such as the speedies, alma, papillion etc.

I'd like to ask for your suggestions. Please let me know your top 5 must-have LV bags. Those that will always remain timeless. Need your expert advise. :tup:

Thank you!

Congrats on your first LV purchase! It's addictive, isn't it? :P

I think most LV classic designs are pretty timeless, but the LE are tdf too! Just choose whatever you like. :yes: For me, I will prefer a more well rounded collection- a piece from mono, damier, vernis, epi, etc, and a handcarry, shoulder bag, sling, etc.

I think 5 top LV must-have bags are:
-speedy
-pochette
-bh
-papillon
-keepall

TO: Socialite and I Love LV:

Thanks so much for your quick response. Among those you've mentioned, which design would you choose for those classic pieces you've mentioned?

Ex: Keepall: Black Epi

Geez, sorry if I'm so clueless. :shrugs:

congrats and welcome to the dark side!!! personally i try not to buy bags that everyone else has, but here are my classic faves:
1) speedy 30 in damier azur
2) alma in damier
3) cabas mezzo
4) tulum gm
5) brentwood

Buy whatever bags fit you; whichever ones you will use the most. After all, with all the money you will spend you want to make sure you'll be using them quite frequently and not just sitting on a shelf.

TO: Socialite and I Love LV:

Thanks so much for your quick response. Among those you've mentioned, which design would you choose for those classic pieces you've mentioned?

Ex: Keepall: Black Epi

Geez, sorry if I'm so clueless. :shrugs:

I think it just depends on your own preference but majority seems to think that the mono print is the most classic and popular choice. But I prefer variety so I won't stick to only mono.

Example:

-speedy: mono or damier.
-pochette: multicolore, epi.
-bh: mono.
-papillon: I think it looks best in damier but if I already have something in damier but love this shape, I'll get a vernis bedford.
-keepall: epi or damier.

Congrats on your first LV, an excellent choice.
You should buy what you like but IMHO the classics are:
Speedy
Alma
Pochette
Keepall
Cabas
Papillion
you know in starting this list I just want to go on & on LOL
There are so many fabulous bags both in permanent lines & Limited Editions that you should really research the style & material that appeals to you.
Go to the Vuitton website & have a really good browse!

I think that you should buy the bags you like the most and what would be most useful to you :smile: Do you prefer handheld or shoulderbags?

There's just sooooo many to choose from. I want them ALL! Haha! That's why I'm so confused. Want to know your favorites.

Yes, I like both shoulder and handheld bags :yahoo: