its all over...now what??

angie1024

O.G.
Dec 28, 2006
My wedding was this Saturday and everything was perfect..the weather, food, music, everything! And now its Monday and its back to life as usual..and im feelin a lil glum, is that normal?? I am happy that all the stress and planning for the wedding is done with, but i feel a lil sad that the wedding went by soo quickly. i have my honeymoon to look forward to, but thats not until August..I guess im just feelin a lil glum because I have to go back to work tomorrow after 3 days of being with family & friends nonstop & having fun haha. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this feeling after their own wedding was over?

first of all, congrats to getting married - well I married in stages (hehe) but I will assume the big reception is what you are talking about (got actually married on a different day than the reception). i was pregnant and working like a mad woman - we just flew out to my home, had the party and left pretty quickly after that. so no, I can't say i felt that way - also our reception was really planned within 2 months, ages after our actual wedding, and my mother arranged it all - I just came to have the fun (impossible to do it across countries, with 2 jobs and being pregnant) so really there was no build up for me, until the BIG DAY, kwim?

afterwards I just felt happy how nice it was and that everyone had a good time, and that we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. ehm, no honeymoon to look forward to at the time. for me it was just nice to feel 'officially' married. I am assuming you worked like crazy for your wedding so it is a bit of black hole - just do some fun newly weds stuff in the next week with your hubby ;) and you will be over it soon. after a wedding you have now a marriage to enjoy!

Yes, congrats on your wedding. I think this feeling is fairly normal, since you spend forever planning these things. It's a lot of work, and then all of the sudden--it's over. And you go back to your regular life. Don't worry--you'll get over it.

Congratulations on your wedding :smile:

I think that feeling is quite normal, and I think I'll probably be feeling the same way after my wedding (in about a week). I think it's that you're used to the excitement of planning for your wedding, and once the day has finally passed, you feel a sort of emptiness inside...That all of your hard work is done and over with and now you need to move on with your lives!

Awwww sorry you've hit a bit of a slump - I would say it's normal after being non-stop for so long to feel a bit low. Congrats and happy to hear that everything was just perfect for you on Saturday :yahoo:

Congratulations on your wedding :smile:

I think that feeling is quite normal, and I think I'll probably be feeling the same way after my wedding (in about a week). I think it's that you're used to the excitement of planning for your wedding, and once the day has finally passed, you feel a sort of emptiness inside...That all of your hard work is done and over with and now you need to move on with your lives!

k really OT but your new avatar is adorable!!!

Congratulations!

I think it's very normal to feel down anytime you get past something that is exciting and takes a lot of planning. It happens to me around the holidays, especially, and even after little vacations. While it's nice to get back to normal, at the same time there's such a build up and you put so much time and energy into it that when it's over you're left feeling a bit... "that's it? it's over?"

Glad everything went so well and you had a nice wedding.

Congrats on being married. What you're feeling, I think, is very common. Not only did it happen to me after my wedding, but it hit my mom (who did a lot of the planning) especially hard! After months (or maybe even years) of planning and anticipation, it's just, well, over. You will get over it within a couple of weeks or so - once the reality of being married kicks in!

At least you have the honeymoon to look forward to!

Congratulations!!
I'm getting married in 3 weeks and I know I will feel that way too! But think of all you have to look forward to- seeing your proofs, creating your wedding album, going on your honeymoon!!

First; CONGRATS on getting married!

But I know how you feel. While I haven't had a wedding, I have had some very awesome and exciting birthday parties that were so incredible! The only problem is that the next couple of days after the party, I couldn't help but feel so depressed & sad. I think that when you are having that much excitement and fun in such a short period of time and then suddenly BAM.. it's over you can't help but get a little emotional.

But the good news is that it all goes away after a while!!

Congratulations! That's great that everything went off perfectly!! But I do think it is fairly normal to have that feeling...not from experience, but I have heard other new brides say the same thing. I'm sure it'll pass soon enough!

Congratulations on your wedding.

It is perfectly normal to feel a little down after such a big event and party, but just think, when you go into work everybody will want to know how it went, what was it like, admire your ring etc etc so in a way the wedding will still be going on for a little while yet. Then you have the photos to show everybody!

No. I was actually glad it was over with! We had a small wedding, only immediate family and a handful of friends and it was still stressful! I looked forward to the calmness of just being husband and wife. We plan long trips every year so we always have something exciting to look forward to.