Limited Editions?

lucida

O.G.
Jun 21, 2006
Not sure if these questions had been answered in a previous thread but I did a search and couldn't find the answers.

1) What makes a LV bag a limited edition? Limited Quantity (ex. 1000 made)? Limited Time to Buy Item (ex. January - March 2007)? Limited Areas to Buy ( ex. Japan)? Or a combo. of all 3??

And, here's a just wondering :wondering question I wanted to add in ;)

2) If a bag is a LE and is no longer available for sale or is difficult to attain, how much more are you willing to spend to get it??

Not sure if these questions had been answered in a previous thread but I did a search and couldn't find the answers.

1) What makes a LV bag a limited edition? Limited Quantity (ex. 1000 made)? Limited Time to Buy Item (ex. January - March 2007)? Limited Areas to Buy ( ex. Japan)? Or a combo. of all 3??

And, here's a just wondering :wondering question I wanted to add in ;)

2) If a bag is a LE and is no longer available for sale or is difficult to attain, how much more are you willing to spend to get it??

I think there have been LTD EDs that were a combo of all 3 (Panda for ex.). But mostly, LTD ED means that production was limited to a certain # of pieces and once they are gone - they are GONE. Some LTD EDs did come numbered (Eye series). I hope someone else can chime in with more info.

For me, if a bag is no longer available and I REALLY REALLY want it, I'd pay a bit of a mark up but def. won't pay double.

For me, the simplest way to put it is:
Limited amount of time the bag is produced= limited run
Limited amount of pieces produced= limited edition

And I believe it can be a combination of all three that you listed, including being produced only in one or a few countries (i.e. Sophie).

And for the second question, I'd be willing to spend a bit more on getting a limited bag.

First question I think everyone above covered LOL

Second question how much would I pay it depends on the bag, how bad I want it, what condition it's in, how hard is it to get hold of,
I will pay more than retail but it'sgoing to have to be something special to pay 2 X plus