question about the onatahs

I think there were quite a few colours, 6 total... 3 in suede: yellow, orange, brown and 3 in leather: brown, purple, white (these are NOT the technical terms/names for the colours.... I'm lazy...lol)

If you're looking for hobo bags, how about the nimbus? we have 4 colours for those beige, ecru, antracite (coming), and gray (coming)

hmmm... that's all I can think of at the moment.....

CEC.LV4eva gave you some great info already, so I'll just give you my experience with these.

I have both and love them!!!
The Nimbus is definitely more comfortable at the end of the day, but the Onatah GM is functional as well.

CEC.LV4eva gave you some great info already, so I'll just give you my experience with these.

I have both and love them!!!
The Nimbus is definitely more comfortable at the end of the day, but the Onatah GM is functional as well.

Do you by chance have a picture of the Nimbus? I didn't see it on elux...and how much was it? What's the size comparison to the Onatah? I'm 5'3" and 120 lbs..I like big bags, and I hope either of them won't eat me up. haha

Thanks!!! ;)

The Onatah GM is my latest aquisition and new love! :P I'm not sure what color you were thinking about but I was disappointed initially that the Mocha was sold out. I'm usually a "basic colors" gal when it comes to bags and clothing. So, I ordered the pochette in mocha but was disappointed with the shape when I got it. My closest LV store had the Aubergine (GM) in stock so I figured I try it on in person. It's actually a great color and works almost like a neutral (like brown) but stands out just enough.

So, if you're near a store that has it and you like the hobo style, it might be worth looking at what's available (white or aubergine) in person. ;) I probably would not have gotten it based solely on the color presented online.

Good luck!
-E

Do you by chance have a picture of the Nimbus? I didn't see it on elux...and how much was it? What's the size comparison to the Onatah? I'm 5'3" and 120 lbs..I like big bags, and I hope either of them won't eat me up. haha

Thanks!!! ;)

Here's the link to my thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/nimbus-finally-seeing-the-light-of-day-pics-145736.html

We're around the same size. You're a bit taller and a bit lighter than I am.
I'm 5'2" (taller with heels) and prefer not to state my pounds for now. :shame:

There's also the Tulum PM, GM....not as "hobo-ish" as the Onatah though....Also maybe the Damier Highbury??

HTH!! ;)

Louis Vuitton
Tulum PM $1,130.00

Named after the beautiful Mayan city in Mexico, Louis Vuitton's Tulum PM infuses modernity into the line by using a new, extremely supple version of the Monogram canvas. Straight from the archives, the historic twist-lock makes a grand re-appearance on the elegantly shaped hobo.
Supple monogram canvas with natural cowhide trim
Golden brass hardware
Top zip closure
Natural cowhide shoulder strap with links
Front flap pocket with historic twist-lock detail
Textile lining with interior flat pocket and cell phone pocket
11.8" x 9.1" x 4.3"

http://images.eluxury.com/assets_server/product/11191156/p11191156_ph_hero.jpg

---------------------------

Louis Vuitton
Tulum GM $1,410.00

Named after the beautiful Mayan city in Mexico, Louis Vuitton's Tulum GM infuses modernity into the line by using a new, extremely supple version of the Monogram canvas. Thanks to the adjustable, natural cowhide shoulder strap, the elegantly shaped hobo can easily be worn across the body.
Supple monogram canvas with natural cowhide trim
Golden brass hardware
Zip top closure
Adjustable, natural cowhide shoulder strap for easy cross-body wear
Front flap pocket with historic twist-lock detail
Textile lining with interior flat pocket and cell phone pocket
13.4" x 11" x 5.5"

http://images.eluxury.com/assets_server/product/11191121/p11191121_ph_hero.jpg

----------------------------

Louis Vuitton
Damier Highbury $1,500.00

Inspired by the Samur, Louis Vuitton's Highbury marries modernity with superb craftsmanship to create a chic satchel for day. Rich details like the chocolate brown leather straps and aged brass buckles give a strong identity to the classic Damier canvas.
Damier canvas with smooth dark chocolate leather trim
Red microfiber lining
Shiny golden brass hardware
Large shoulder strap with golden links
Gusseted interior with flat pocket and cell phone pocket
Lateral modulated buckles
Exterior pocket with buckle closure
Zip closure
Protective metal feet
11.3" L x 9" H x 4.3" W

http://images.eluxury.com/assets_server/product/11222135/p11222135_ph_hero.jpg

irishpandabear and aircheck, thanks for the sweet compliment!
It's the bag that I've been rocking for the longest time since I took her out of the dustbag (almost 2 weeks and counting...)

aircheck, I have the Onatah :love: in white and was using that for almost two weeks as well.
I love the shape and the print! :heart: