Michael Fassbender

Like I said, I don't really have a problem with Leo. Okay, I have one small problem with him: he's a good actor, but because he always picks roles with the end goal of getting that oscar, I find his choices too safe and not very interesting. He had more range early in his career. He should have been given the oscar for The Departed, imho, but whatever.

Anyway, I'm not loosing sleep, I'm discussing Michael Fassbender in context of his movie performance. I put more stock on Cannes than I do the oscars anyway, but I thought we could discuss the movies.

This is sounding a lot more defensive than I intended. Sorry folks.

Like I said, I don't really have a problem with Leo. Okay, I have one small problem with him: he's a good actor, but because he always picks roles with the end goal of getting that oscar, I find his choices too safe and not very interesting. He had more range early in his career. He should have been given the oscar for The Departed, imho, but whatever.

Anyway, I'm not loosing sleep, I'm discussing Michael Fassbender in context of his movie performance. I put more stock on Cannes than I do the oscars anyway, but I thought we could discuss the movies.

Totally agree about "Departed" , so good in that . He probably sees the best scripts first because he's A ( plus) list so I don't know if he's picked based on Oscar chances or safe roles .. Who knows .

So enjoyed the Assassin's Creed Q & A. Even happier Michael answered my question and the cast answered another one of my questions. Its the sweetest thing hearing him say my name. I guess we're lovers now :heart: :love:
CzgpeEnWQAApQh3.jpg
Well done. Good questions. I thought I recognised the name as one of yours.
IMG_0519.PNG

Reactions: pearlyqueen
Totally agree about "Departed" , so good in that . He probably sees the best scripts first because he's A ( plus) list so I don't know if he's picked based on Oscar chances or safe roles .. Who knows .
He makes the studios money first and foremost and that's probably why he gets first dibs.

People complain that Michael's movies don't make money, but that's precisely why I appreciate his work. Art before bucks. Cinema will remember him as the mega talent he is regardless.

ITA with you about Leo. I think the same things. IMO he's a good actor but I've seen better actors, + his choices are always too bold (esp lately) and his career seems to be built for the Oscar, which doesn't have to be your goal when you love acting. You have to look for interesting/ risky roles, not just for your stairway to Oscars. That's why I love Michael.
He makes the studios money first and foremost and that's probably why he gets first dibs.

People complain that Michael's movies don't make money, but that's precisely why I appreciate his work. Art before bucks. Cinema will remember him as the mega talent he is regardless.
I love this post. Xx

People are still seeing and liking tlbo very much! Im seeing tweets and FB posts. I'm so happy, Michael is so proud of that movie.
+ it seems Assassins Creed has turned out cool and I'm so so glad of it too! Waiting to see what people say, esp what non-games say. I'm pretty sure gamers will like it, that's why I wasn't very positive at first, bc the movie looked too much like a video game (from the trailers), but then seeing some clips (+ consider the fact that I really really trust Michael) made me change my mind about the nature of the movie.
Then I also read some tweets from gamers who aren't very positive after seeing the trailer, but the great part of them seems excited. The DP is the same of Macbeth and TLBO right? I liked very much what he did in both those movies.
Im curious to see what non-gamers think, but I'm way more positive than I was before. Obviously I can't wait to see it.
LOVED all yesterday's interviews: Jeremy Irons is a king, Michael K. W. very cool and Michael and Marion too. They all seem to have a great chemistry and fun together.
I heard them talking about a sequel and I know that Kurzel had previously said that he wanted to make a sequel no matter what, no matter how the first movie went. I honestly still hope they wait to see what's the response to the first movie or it would be very riskty for them all, beyond every aspect. But... has michael ever done non-risky choices? That's probably why I love him so much. :3

Attachments

• IMG_3330.JPG
    IMG_3330.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_3323.JPG
    IMG_3323.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_3232.GIF
    IMG_3232.GIF
    950.7 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_3315.JPG
    IMG_3315.JPG