PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Purchased these two Hermes scarves in the summer on a whim because of the color mix in the scarves. I almost returned them but the colors which are similar go wonderfully with my clothes. There is only one problem and that is it doesn't seem to be in my DNA to be able to tie a scarf so it looks nice. I will use the larger one as more of a wrap and the smaller one who knows unless I can finally tie something decently.
@Izzy48 I found a video for you on youtube that has some cute ideas! It's for the larger of your two scarves, but some of her techniques would work for the smaller one, too. Have fun playing! :happydance:

Reactions: can_do_mom
Well, ladies, I need to start my day. I will have to try and catch up a little later on. I miss all of you and hope to have more time soon. We have been busy with having a front patio addition done. It is finally almost complete except for a few minor touches. I have been busy working out and am now dealing with a knee injury as a result. I am down almost 20 lbs. The time that I used to spend on tpf has been spent walking the hills in my area. Right now I am sidelined. I have to make a doctors appointment today because it has been five days and my knee is still swollen. It didn't stop me from going to a play yesterday with friends. I wore my RJ Kelly.View attachment 3476640 View attachment 3476641
Wow Meg you look absolutely amazing as always. Love the entire outfit and the bag is gorgeous.

Reactions: Cilifene
View attachment 3476193
Thank you, skyqueen! It was a special day. A funny addendum to the pic: My 13yo son got a little bored while Leah received such wonderful attention from Isabelle. The clouds were thickening all the while. By the time we paid for our Chanel purchases and left the store, it had begun to rain. We dashed our way to Angelina on rue de Rivoli, dodging the raindrops, Daniel grumbling the whole way. After we were seated and began enjoying our cups of l' Afraicain (world's best hot chocolate!) the skies let loose. It just poured! We were so thankful to be indoors, sipping our decadent drinks, eating luscious pastries. It was truly a memorable day. :heart:
You have a beautiful family.

Reactions: can_do_mom
Purchased these two Hermes scarves in the summer on a whim because of the color mix in the scarves. I almost returned them but the colors which are similar go wonderfully with my clothes. There is only one problem and that is it doesn't seem to be in my DNA to be able to tie a scarf so it looks nice. I will use the larger one as more of a wrap and the smaller one who knows unless I can finally tie something decently.
These scarves are gorgeous. I love the colors. I think they will go with so many outfits enjoy wearing them.

Well.....unfortunately, things have gone into the proverbial crapper since the summer. Two weeks ago, Oreo, my sweet, handsome, gentle sheltie, stopped eating. I ran him to the vet who ran the gamut of tests. Seems that Oreo had kidney failure. After 5 days straight of IV fluids, there was no improvement and was getting worse by the minute. I had to put my sweet, little boy, the love of my life, to rest this past Friday. Needless to say, I am more than heartbroken and can't stop the tears.
Oh Oreo I am so very sorry. It is such an awful thing to go through. Having lost 2 boys in as many years I know how heartbreaking it is. I will be saying extra prayers for you and your family. I cried for months often unexpectedly. Be gentle with yourself.

Wow, Meg... you look amazing!!! But I'm so very sorry to hear about your knee. Do keep us posted on what the doctor says.
I've been back to walking by Monterey Bay (my knee is so much better now than it was before the surgery) and I've lost 17 pounds since last January. I've been taking in waistbands like crazy, but I'm afraid to have professional alterations done in case the weight comes back on. I'll give it until next January, and then we'll see.
I've also gone back to doing Tai Chi, which I used to do every day before I was diagnosed with RA, and it really helps with my energy levels.
Thanks so much Elaine. The doctor said no walking the hills for a month. That's pretty much my entire area. I don't think we have any flat surfaces. I have to go to physical therapy. We're starting conservatively. No MRI yet just X-rays. She knows I can't do surgery right now and the MRI means surgery. It is probably a torn lateral ligament. So I am not expecting anything to show on the X-ray. Hopefully I can get back to normal. She did say I could walk the mall. Just not the 8 + miles I have been doing a day.

Huge congratulations to you on losing weight and being able to get active again. It feels awesome doesn't it.

Meg, it's good to hear from you!
Our whole family was able to updgrade, and did so, even though I thought we were all happy. Without upgrading, IOS 10 has some neat things, like fireworks, moving balloons, that you can add to messages, if the recipient has IOS 10. It helped to have a 21 yr old son to tell us how to use it. If anyone needs the easy tutorial, let me know!
Thanks, Barbee.

Love your choices!