how to wear your chanel jacket...

I've been hoping for the same thing. It's times like this that I wish I lived in SF where one can wear jackets almost year round... [emoji15]
You would think, but I have been there in January and it was hot! I have also been there in summer and it was cold. The famous quote about SF is from Mark Twain who stated that "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." I was up there years ago in August for a wedding and I wore a Chanel wool cruise collection jacket in the evening because it was pretty chilly.

Reactions: Lisab68
Do you mind sharing the style number and sku? trying to have my sa locate it for me.
Ladies, I finally picked up the black jacket after the sleeves alteration.
Trying it on in front of the mirror - and started to sweat! How warm is this jacket!

Thank you again for all your input and comments prior of me purchasing this jacket. I really appreciate each one of them.
Thank you for letting me share!

You would think, but I have been there in January and it was hot! I have also been there in summer and it was cold. The famous quote about SF is from Mark Twain who stated that "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." I was up there years ago in August for a wedding and I wore a Chanel wool cruise collection jacket in the evening because it was pretty chilly.

I grew up in the Bay Area and always carried a jacket when I went up to the city in the summer - we could tell who the tourists were by their "I [emoji173]️ SF" sweatshirts. I always wanted to live in SF and still dream of going back...most people would not complain about living in SoCal except those of us from NorCal. And those who love jackets. [emoji12]

Wow, the Gucci blouse is perfect and the old is not the right word for this cardi! The bracelet is a statement piece, that's how costume jewellery has to be[emoji255]
Pourquoipas, Thank You!
This is a perfect outfit Ari. The blouse really makes it. But every detail is perfect including the belt and the fun bracelet.
Pocketbook Pup, Thank You!
Also posted this in the Chanel's in action thread... The black 16P cardigan has become my uniform of sorts!

EF1E7D48-1C7E-478D-AC93-2DD1C0AC251C.jpg
ailoveresale, Love the cardi! it looks so perfect

What she said!
Thank You GraceKelly!
Here is my navy airline jacket just back from alteration. I decided to trim it down all the way around and it worked out very well. The epaulettes sit properly now that the neck and shoulders fit and it is more fitted in general. I was going through my brooch collection and pinning them on. I like this one because it has a military vibe to it, which I think goes with the jacket.

View attachment 3448282 View attachment 3448283 View attachment 3448284
Yes, I like it fitted a bit! these jackets we quite boxy for my taste too.
I decided to be impatient and went for a vintage wool cream jacket. I'm not against preloved if it's clean and odorless but I can understand others who would never buy second hand clothes.
What do you think? Is it still wearable and up to date? It was a risk but I'm quite happy.
Absolutely gorgeous!
Love all the mod shots of everyone's posts! It's so difficult to keep up since I haven't had a lot of time to check the forum.

Here's my LBJ after alteration to shortened the sleeves. View attachment 3448333
It loos great Divababe!
Chanel cardigans are so beautiful!!! I also really love the shirt you have on! is it chanel also?
Thank yoy Vanana, the blouse is Gucci.