Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Item: Coach City Bag
Listing Number: 131882826610
Seller: danieus-cptjdd
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Leather-City-Bag-Crossbody-Shoulder-Bag-Black-AUTHENTIC-/131882826610?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=6WJB0EanyuNhvIkaH%2FOMfLgZ2mw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Comments: I purchased and noticed the hardware on the back of the front purse flap is discolored. Does brass do this or is this a fake? :sad:!! Thank you very much!
View attachment 3418905

Yes, brass does that.
I don't see any problems with the bag.

Hello All
Long Time, the site looks different , hope everyone is having a great summer:cool:
I picked up a couple of hats this weekend, funny I never see any and this week I got 3.
I bought the signature khaki one first with the tan canvas lining then I found the other 1 and noticed the orange lining with size tag.
after extensive searches I can't find a single one with the tan lining :confused1:
did i get duped?
also the black one went against my instincts but for a buck I gave it a try. is this one of the goes against the rules things with the signature
outside and inside? or is this a fake :sad:
here are the pics hope i did this right, everything looks different.
Thanks in advance
RC

Attachments

• HATS-1.jpg
    HATS-1.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 85
  • HATS-2.jpg
    HATS-2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 90
  • HATS-3.jpg
    HATS-3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 87
  • HATS-4.jpg
    HATS-4.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 95
  • HATS-5.jpg
    HATS-5.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 100
  • HATS-6.jpg
    HATS-6.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 90
  • HATS-7.jpg
    HATS-7.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 90
Please authenticate. I think it'should o.k. but want to have the expert's opinion. Thanks!

COACH Vintage Black Leather Handbag Crossbody/Messanger Shoulder Bag Purse
Item: 20162403264
Seller: fox*sden
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Vintage-Black-Leather-Handbag-Crossbody-Messanger-Shoulder-Bag-Purse-/201624032646?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=AYDHlPM0uZDRlh0m9qfC6JOe35A%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
I was watching this last night! It's fine.

Please authenticate. I think it'should o.k. but want to have the expert's opinion. Thanks!

COACH Vintage Black Leather Handbag Crossbody/Messanger Shoulder Bag Purse
Item: 20162403264
Seller: fox*sden
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Vintage-Black-Leather-Handbag-Crossbody-Messanger-Shoulder-Bag-Purse-/201624032646?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=AYDHlPM0uZDRlh0m9qfC6JOe35A%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It's a genuine Canterbury, later Nottingham, Bag

Hello All
Long Time, the site looks different , hope everyone is having a great summer:cool:
I picked up a couple of hats this weekend, funny I never see any and this week I got 3.
I bought the signature khaki one first with the tan canvas lining then I found the other 1 and noticed the orange lining with size tag.
after extensive searches I can't find a single one with the tan lining :confused1:
did i get duped?
also the black one went against my instincts but for a buck I gave it a try. is this one of the goes against the rules things with the signature
outside and inside? or is this a fake :sad:
here are the pics hope i did this right, everything looks different.
Thanks in advance
RC
The black and the khaki with orange lining are both good.

I'd like to see a closeup of the Coach patch from inside the one with the tan lining. I want to see a bit of the lining around it as well as the stamping and stitching of the patch.

Trying to post, but I'm new here and probably muddled!

I'm hoping to authenticate this purse:

Item: Coach Janice's Bag
Measurements: 9.25 x 3.5 x 9.75 in.
Comments: From my web searches, I gathered that this bag was made in July 2001 (?).
The creed is in the photo.IMG_1469510401.917465.jpg

I've already bought the purse as a replacement for one that got destroyed, but the link still works.

Listing: 278534616
Seller: The Aft Cabin
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/278534616/vintage-coach-janices-legacy-9950

Thanks so much for any help! [emoji846]The bag has a good Coach "feel," compared to my other Coach vintages, but I couldn't find anywhere to authenticate the factory code letter. Can P=Costa Rica?

Last edited:
Trying to post, but I'm new here and probably muddled!

I'm hoping to authenticate this purse:

Item: Coach Janice's Bag
Measurements: 9.25 x 3.5 x 9.75 in.
Comments: From my web searches, I gathered that this bag was made in July 2001 (?).
The creed is in the photo.View attachment 3420935

I've already bought the purse as a replacement for one that got destroyed, but the link still works.

Listing: 278534616
Seller: The Aft Cabin
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/278534616/vintage-coach-janices-legacy-9950

Thanks so much for any help! [emoji846]The bag has a good Coach "feel," compared to my other Coach vintages, but I couldn't find anywhere to authenticate the factory code letter. Can P=Costa Rica?
Welcome to the forum! The bag is authentic, and you are right, it was made in 2001. The factory code "P" was always used for Costa Rica. There isn't a list of factory codes published anywhere that I know of, and Coach never made it public. The authenticators and collectors here have figured them out after looking at thousands of bags and creeds.

Reactions: Athorn
The black and the khaki with orange lining are both good.

I'd like to see a closeup of the Coach patch from inside the one with the tan lining. I want to see a bit of the lining around it as well as the stamping and stitching of the patch.
Thanks BeenBurned, I feel silly now that I look closer:shocked:
here is the photo but now I see the the tell
the est 1041 LOL
but at least 2 out of 3 are good.

Attachments

• fake-1.jpg
    fake-1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 88
Thanks very much, whateve! I received a different Janice's Bag for my birthday (my choice, may have made a mistake), and the leather just didn't feel right to me. I'm curious about it, too, if you have a moment. I was planning on donating it to a local charity but wanted to be able to alert them if it wasn't definitely the real thing. If it isn't real, I don't think the seller was ill-intentioned. I promise to leave you alone after this![emoji6]

Item: Coach 'Janice's Legacy' Crossbody Purse in Brown Leather
Listing: 281312372
Seller: azaliashop
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/281312372/coach-janices-legacy-crossbody-purse-in

Thanks very much, whateve! I received a different Janice's Bag for my birthday (my choice, may have made a mistake), and the leather just didn't feel right to me. I'm curious about it, too, if you have a moment. I was planning on donating it to a local charity but wanted to be able to alert them if it wasn't definitely the real thing. If it isn't real, I don't think the seller was ill-intentioned. I promise to leave you alone after this![emoji6]

Item: Coach 'Janice's Legacy' Crossbody Purse in Brown Leather
Listing: 281312372
Seller: azaliashop
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/281312372/coach-janices-legacy-crossbody-purse-in
It is authentic. Some people have noticed a degradation of quality in bags made at certain plants or certain countries, especially after 2001.
No need to leave me alone; I enjoy helping people.

Reactions: LadyEdwards
Greetings all! Recovering from surgery and my head is finally clear enough from the pain meds to start working on my rehab pile-- my own personal occupational therapy :flowers:. I have several that I would like to have authenticated, all in my possession from the local GW. I'm still new to this new format so not sure how many images I can post at a time (?) but here are the first two.

Regina's Legacy 9983
7.5" long x 7" tall x 3" deep.
The strap seems to be a poor quality replacement but I think the bag is authentic.

Murphy Bag 9930
7" long x 9" tall x 3" deep

IMG_1531.jpg IMG_1533.jpg .IMG_1531.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg