Nicole Richies Memorial Day party invite

Jan 25, 2006
so not cool :tdown:

An Interesting Invite from Nicole Richie

15668PCN_NicoleSkinny.jpg
I love parties -- love to throw them, love to go to them, love them in general. And admittedly so, I had a small get together of the long weekend with some pals. We had a some fruity drinks a la my friends Pumpkin and Mellen, and ate some burgers and dogs. And I did send an evite to let everyone know the details.
Unfortunately, my invitation was not quite as colorful as the one Nicole Richie sent out to her friends. Us Weekly confirmed that this is what Nic's email said:
"Let's glorify this day in your sluttiest tops and your tightest pair of tsubi jeans, even though we have no...clue what Memorial Day really means!!...There will be a scale at the front door. No girls over 100 pounds allowed in. Start starving yourself now. See you all then!!!"​
Maybe that's why Nicole's pal Mischa Barton had to be rushed to the hospital from the backyard gala -- she was starving and had lost circulation from her tight pants!
Obviously Nicole says she was only kidding in her invite. Her rep insists:
“This invitation was sent via email to her friends who understand that she was responding in a joking manner to the constant untruths printed about her in the media. Her reference to Memorial Day was in no way meant to offend anyone but was simply an expression of her distaste for the current situation.”​
At least the girl has a sense of humor, though I worry she might break in half if she laughs too hard.

I don't understand how people cannot see that the invitation is a joke. I mean, it's a joke in poor taste considering that I've seen meatier twigs, but the invitation was so obviously a joke.

I don't understand how people cannot see that the invitation is a joke. I mean, it's a joke in poor taste considering that I've seen meatier twigs, but the invitation was so obviously a joke.

Seriously. This was sent in an email to a few friends. I don't think she meant for a tabloid to get a hold of it. Go for her for being able to have a sense of humor about her situation.

I totally get it was a joke - but it was a bit over the top and as a public figure - maybe not the best thing to have said in print - even as a joke
I dont the party was public, seems more like a private party and the press got a hold of one of the invites she sent her friends.

It's definitely in poor taste if it was a public thing, but a funny invite to send to your friends I think. But it makes me wonder if she is in denial about her weight issue :huh:; It's one thing to joke about rumours which are not true, but another to have a serious condition a still joke about it like it's false.

Well, it obviously was a joke and it was supposed to be sent only to her friends, so I think it's OK to say that.
Maybe the joke wasn't funny and was really stupid of her to write something like that, but probably her friends laughted at it.