Dogleash closure....love it or hate it????

seedvila

May 4, 2007
I just can't find any appreciation for the dogleash closure. It's difficult to fasten with just one hand and leaves the bag more open than I would like. It's unfortunate that many of the totes are fitted with this type of closure. Personally, I like the magnetic snap closure, which I became accustomed to on D&B totes, my former drug of choice.

What are your thoughts?

I went through the Coach store yesterday and was annoyed that all the bags I liked come with the dog-leash closure. I'm a zipper lover, even magnetic closures aren't enough for me (my stuff tends to fall out in the car).

I don't care for them much either, but I'm a big tote fan and often end up with this.

I wish they would make more totes with a zipper and a single strap..much easier to manage with kids in tow!

oh no!!! you guys all hate it:sad:. Well I understand it from a practical point of view, but I think the dogleash closure is so so elegant - I love it as an accent. Although I think the consensus is right, and Coach definitely needs to work on their closures/zips/pockets/etc. My Hamptons business tote is always filled with tons of small stuff, and I'd really prefer a full zipper, especially when I'm in a crowded place where my bag gets pushed behind my shoulder. kwim?

oh no!!! you guys all hate it:sad:. Well I understand it from a practical point of view, but I think the dogleash closure is so so elegant - I love it as an accent. Although I think the consensus is right, and Coach definitely needs to work on their closures/zips/pockets/etc. My Hamptons business tote is always filled with tons of small stuff, and I'd really prefer a full zipper, especially when I'm in a crowded place where my bag gets pushed behind my shoulder. kwim?
I agree. There's something very appealing about the dogleash closures to me, especially in silver.

As a bag closure it's just not practical. As some of you have said fear of someone reaching inside, stuff flying all over my car...zippers are better, even though they might alter the look of a bag.

Jewelsss, I agree. They do look classy and clean on some bags.

I must be the only one that doesn't even notice! I never even close my bags- I'm sure that makes me a total theif target. I do zip my Legacy shoulder bag but that's it! My Legacy satchel stays open and I can't think of any of my bags that I close.