Do you remove your scarf care tags?

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
I am curious about this....:shrugs:

I really want to take them off --- off of the mousselines, especially.

What do you do about this?

If I am not considering resale, etc, can I just take them off? I can be a scorpio-for-a-day and put them in little envelopes and label them, if that would be a good idea. But I hope that is not necessary.

Your thoughts, please??:yes:

^^^That's the hem-roller.
This is a great Q, CB...I know lots of people who take em off...I just can't bear to! (unless the end I want to show consistently has the tag). I know it's silly, but I keep em on.

Now, the big stoles I just got have a huge square tag in the middle, which is annoying...that may have to go. So if I ever take any off, they go in the scarf box for keeping.

^^^That's the hem-roller.
This is a great Q, CB...I know lots of people who take em off...I just can't bear to! (unless the end I want to show consistently has the tag). I know it's silly, but I keep em on.
Thanks Katel. I keep them on too. Like Katel, I just can't bear to. :P

I leave mine on all my silk scarves, however, with my one and only silk mousseline, a small losange, the tag is right under the 'logo' in the centre and I have to be careful when I'm wearing it with the logo showing to keep the tag tucked under - it often slips out during the day so I am checking it all the time. The sheerness and lightness of the chiffon does not really sit well with the tag and I am 'thinking' about removing, not sure If I could ever bring myself to doing the deed though...

If you have no intention to resell, them take them off. I like to keep them because the rollouteuse can be identified by the tag. Kinda like a sentimental thing for me.

this always confused me. i have 2 scarves. one is from a US store and one is from the airport in madrid, bought a little over 6 months apart. both scarves have a "P" on the folded over tip of the caretag and i wonder, is it really possible that the same rollouteuse did both, or does the letter indicate something else? and if it does indicate a rollouteuse, it is possible that one letter represents more than one, in which case the caretags don't directly identify someone, but they do maybe narrow down the possibilities...:shrugs: